Virtual Workshop (Recordings) – Campervan Electrics & Solar Power
Leanne and Dan are the owners of Quirky Campers New Zealand and joining them to co-host these workshops is Kevin Hartle who has more than 35 years experience of industrial, electrical and automotive industries. Kevin has run campervan electrics and solar power workshops for Quirky Campers in the UK – both virtual and in-person. His workshops are always packed and attendees come away feeling confident and equipped to install their own electrical system in their campervan.
In the Campervan Electrics workshop we cover…
- Leisure batteries: types available; what size you will need; how to install them
- Wiring the van: choosing the correct cables, fuses and switches and how to make safe installations
- Leisure equipment: lights, pumps; fridges; TVs etc
- Charging system: split chargers, smart chargers
In the Campervan Solar Power workshop we cover…
- How to calculate your solar power requirements
- Factors affecting solar panel efficiency
- Size and types of solar panels
- Charge controllers
- Mounting and connecting the panel(s)
…plus a bonus section on Inverters
You are purchasing recordings of two 90 minute online workshops and the associated resources (presentation slides and guides).
Feedback: “Thanks for your very informative webinar on electrical systems, battery options and how to calculate power requirements/usage. In todays world, Google is our friend and foe for things we don’t know or should know, however having someone like Kevin share his experience and knowledge will assist us greatly in making the right decisions as we embark on our camper build. Look forward to the next workshop!” – John, November 2020
Quirky Campers New Zealand is the new home of handmade campervans. With the recent surge in popularity of custom-built campervans, New Zealanders are coming to us as a source of inspiration and information on all things self-build so we are launching a series of virtual workshops – these being the third and fourth – to give aspiring van owners the confidence to make their dream a reality.