- General Ticket Terms
- Community Indemnity Pledge CIP
- Cancellation, Misuse and Refunds
- Covid – Keeping You Safe
- Pitch Types & Vehicle Booking Information
- Opening Times
- Campsite Rules
- Prohibited Items
- Challenge 25
- Dog Policy
Please read the information below carefully. This is where we explain what you agree to by purchasing a ticket for Camp Quirky; including conditions of entry to site,site rules, use of images, and terms and deadlines of payments. Terms and conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
We may amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. You should check the website from time to time to review the current Terms & Conditions, as they are binding on you. Certain provisions of these Terms & Conditions may be superseded by expressly designated legal notices or terms: (a) located on particular pages at the website; or (b) notified to you, from time to time.
1. GENERAL TICKET TERMS
- PA tickets are available to attendees on PIP, DLA middle or higher rate allowances, CredAbility Access Card, evidence of being registered severely sight impaired and a recognised Assistance Dog ID.
- Ticket(s) purchased will be confirmed via email on the day of purchase. All e-tickets (and any applicable routing passes associated with the purchase of vehicle tickets) will be sent by email on the 15th of April 2022.
- If there is a change of email address subsequent to ticket purchase, it is the purchaser’s responsibility to update their account details with Camp Quirky, to ensure receipt of e-tickets.
- Quirky Campers Ltd reserves the right to refuse admission, charge additional surcharges if the incorrect ticket has been purchased and may conduct security searches of persons and belongings on entry to the event to meet our duty of care and licensing conditions.
- Quirky Campers Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
- All tickets are sold subject to availability and at the prices listed on the ticket page.
- The quantity of any and all tickets available and the volume that may be purchased by customers may be restricted wholly at the discretion of Quirky Campers Ltd.
- All entrants to Camp Quirky must be within the correct age bracket of tickets on the opening date of the event weekend attended. Identification checks may be requested, refusal of entry or surcharges may be applied should a patron hold the wrong ticket type upon arrival to site.
- All patrons (adults, kids & Under 5s) must have the correct ticket type. All individuals are counted as a person(s) irrespective of age and must have a booked ticket.
- Access will be granted to the campsite for the full weekend (Friday 14:00 to Monday noon).
- All attendees will be issued a wristband, which is non-transferable.
- Under 18’s cannot attend the event without an adult of 21 years or older as part of their group booking (max 3 per adult). In case of emergency, we need to ensure that we are able to care for under 18’s in their best interests and that may require us to take action immediately, for example medical treatment for a minor. Treatment may require permission from a legal guardian. The lead adult purchaser is the assumed responsible adult and guardian for any under 18’s they purchase tickets for. Quirky Campers Ltd will assume loco parentis status of the lead adult purchaser. It is understood when booking that the loco parentis guardian for any minor at the event, and or campsite, are legally entitled to make decisions for that child in emergencies. It is the responsibility of any such guardian to have requested and been given permission by the legal guardian of the child to act as loco parentis in emergencies.
- All under 18’s must be accompanied by their associated guardian / adult upon entry to the campsite.
- All tickets to Camp Quirky are sold as personal and revocable licenses on behalf of Quirky Campers Ltd.
- Quirky Campers Ltd reserves the right to change all, or any, arrangements concerning Camp Quirky without notice or with any obligation whatsoever to refund.
- The live event dates (subject to licence approval) for Camp Quirky 2022 are as follows: Friday 13th May – Sunday 15th May
- Provisionally the site and campsites open at 2pm Friday and all public patrons must leave site by 12pm on Monday. More detailed information and confirmation of opening times will be sent to ticket holders ahead of the event.
- In the event of any breach of these Terms & Conditions, Quirky Campers Ltd, its staff and agents reserve the right to cancel tickets, refuse admission, remove the holder, or to confiscate offending articles, as the case may be, and in any case, to retain any monies paid for the relevant ticket(s).
- Quirky Campers Ltd reserves the right to cancel tickets purchased for any reason.
All purchasers and patrons agree to these conditions as part of the ticket buying process. The purchase of tickets and subsequent entry onto the event site constitutes an acceptance by the purchaser and all entrants of these terms and conditions, and implies an undertaking on the part of those to observe them.
Tickets will not be valid unless purchased from Quirky Campers Ltd.
Whilst we will make every effort to communicate any significant and specific changes to all, we again note it is the responsibility of ticket holders to check for updates to these terms and conditions.
2. COMMUNITY INDEMNITY PLEDGE CIP
Your ticket price includes a 10% non-refundable Crowd Indemnity Pledge (CIP) which does not cost you extra but ensures the future of Camp Quirky is more certain should another uninsurable pandemic force cancellation.
All ticket holders, in buying a ticket agrees to the following terms:
- The CIP is a non-refundable pledge that is a radical collective solution and response to the continued unavailability of Covid-19 cancellation insurance and the ever changing and challenging circumstances which the industry faces. To continue to work towards delivering the best possible Camp Quirky 2022 we must ask our community to pledge to underwrite a small proportion of the pre-production. It’s an essential ask and key to unlocking and delivering the event. It is our way of entering into a transparent understanding asking for your support to make the event possible.
- If Quirky Campers Ltd is forced to to cancel Camp Quirky 2022, due to any and all unforeseen Government, Local Authority, Public Health England or any and all other authority restrictions or directives that Quirky Campers Ltd deem will make the festival unviable or unsafe, ticket holders will receive a full face value on all tickets except the Community Indemnity Pledge (CIP) part of the tickets and any other non-refundable tickets. The non-refundable CIP funds will be retained by Quirky Campers Ltd as a contribution to already incurred costs and to ensure viability into 2023.
- By purchasing tickets for Camp Quirky 2022 you agree that the CIP part of your ticket price is non-refundable. All Community Indemnity Pledge (CIP) costs are non-refundable and will be excluded from any and all refunds processed.
3. CANCELLATION, MISUSE AND REFUNDS
Although we will use all reasonable means to keep you informed of any cancellation, it is the ticket holders’ responsibility to establish whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event.
Quirky Campers Ltd has no obligation to refund any monies or exchange tickets should the programme be altered, or varied, for any reason.
Tickets are sold “subject to license” approval.
Tickets are not refundable under any circumstances other than:
- The cancellation of the event by Quirky Campers Ltd
- The event is moved to another date which prohibits you from attending
- Customers are not able to attend due to current Covid-19, Government and Public Health England guidelines.
In the event of the unforeseen cancellation of the event, tickets may be transferable to a future event.
In the event of no longer being able to attend, tickets are not transferable to a future event.
Only tickets bought via the official website are valid. Avoid disappointment and fraud – please do not buy or sell tickets from anywhere else (forums, eBay, Viagogo, Gum Tree etc).
If tickets are found to have been listed, re-sold or transferred for profit, or commercial gain on any unofficial platform (for example being sold on eBay for more than the original face value), by anyone other than Quirky Campers Ltd they will be voided, the holder refused entry and all tickets in the purchasers’ order will automatically become non-refundable.
Any refunds are for the face value of tickets purchased at the point of sale minus the 10% cancellation bond.
If an event of Force Majeure occurs which is outside the reasonable control of Quirky Campers Ltd, Quirky Campers Ltd shall notify the booker and or ticketholder specifying the nature, cause and likely effect of the Force Majeure event. Quirky Campers Ltd will not be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement (including cancelling the event) where such breach or failure to perform is as a result of a Force Majeure event.
“Force Majeure” means: (a) any cause preventing the Quirky Campers Ltd from hosting or staging the Event (in whole or part) or otherwise from entering the festival grounds due to any unavailability of the festival grounds or any actions or omissions of the festival grounds’ owner; and/or (b) where the following occurs or there exists a real likelihood or material threat of the following occurring: any other event, act, statute rule regulation or act of any government or any other legally constituted authority, non-happening, omission or accident (including without limitation fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disasters acts of God, war (whether declared or not), threat of or preparation for war, terrorist activity, failure of public utilities or civil commotion, royal demise) beyond Quirky Campers Ltd’s reasonable control.
4. COVID-19 – KEEPING YOU SAFE
We are pleased to announce that we are no longer required to ask for a negative LFT on arrival. However, we do recommend that you still take a test before arrival just to keep everyone safe from catching Covid-19.
We want you all to feel as safe as possible to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and event programme. Please communicate with the team any concerns and enjoy Camp Quirky as much as possible!
Should a test return positive before or during travels to Camp Quirky, on proof of this Quirky Campers Ltd. will issue you a refund after the festival’s completion.
5. PITCH TYPES & VEHICLE BOOKING INFO
- All van pitches are 5m x 7m (please contact us at email@example.com if your vehicle is longer than 7m).
- Only one campervan is permitted per pitch.
- Caravans are also permitted in campervan pitches. If you are bringing a caravan, you will be able to park your car next to your caravan.
- An additional tent, awning and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Patrons are responsible for bringing their own campervan vehicles and the safety of them.
- There is no need to book a vehicle pass for coming onto site.
- There will be a free car park.
- Furnished glamping pitches of bell tents are available.
- Shared shower facilities are available.
- Additional tents may be brought by patrons.
- Please see the website and ticket page for full details of glamping provision.
BRING YOUR OWN TENT PITCHES
- Smaller 5m x 5m pitches (designed for single tents) are available.
- Additional tents and or persons may be added to your booking, but all must fit within the marked bounds of the pitch (including guy ropes).
- Please note fire pits must be at least 3m from any structure.
- Patrons who purchase glamping accommodation pitches will be permitted to drive on to site to a designated drop off area and will then be required to return their vehicle to the car park.
6. OPENING TIMES
- Provisionally the site and campsites open at 2pm Friday and all public patrons must leave site by 12pm on Monday following your event weekend. More detailed information and confirmation of opening times will be sent with e-tickets ahead of the event.
- No guests or visitors are permitted on site – only ticket holders will be admitted
- As well as a pitch booking individual person tickets must be bought for every individual attending the event. All tickets must be named and contact details provided when confirming your booking (or in advance of e-tickets being sent out).
- You should arrive with the vehicle windows closed and follow the instructions of event staff and signage.
7. CAMPSITE RULES
Site rules apply to all areas of the event site and Kelmarsh Hall grounds including car parks. They also include and are supplemented by any published information and or amendments via email, Quirky Campers websites, on site notices and by any other official agents or output of the company. Site rules must be observed at all times.
We reserve the right to eject and evict individuals or groups, for the contravention of these site rules, or for any reason whatsoever, at the discretion of Quirky Campers Events staff.
- There will be little artificial night- time lighting (beyond the food traders, services, bar area and main street festoon). This is in part to avoid light pollution and protect the natural beauty of the experience. Please bring your own lamps and torches.
- Access to certain areas of the estate will be restricted and some areas will only be open between specified times due to other public functions on the estate. Further information will be released and patrons must abide by the timings and respect open and closed locations.
- No sound systems, amplified music, ghetto blasters etc. are allowed on site, other than personal speakers. These may be brought to the event and used privately but must be used considerately, with respect to other campsite guests. Patrons must follow the campsite noise policy, and all patrons must cease using any personal speakers at the request of event staff. Misuse may result in the confiscation of equipment and or eviction from site.
- A policy of “low noise” (considered to be normal speaking volume) will be adopted from 8pm in the campsite, at the judgement and discretion of event staff.
- A policy of “no noise” (inaudible to campsite neighbours) from 11pm is expected in the campsite.
- A site speed limit of 10 mph must be adhered to at all times.
- There will be strict vehicle movement restrictions during the event. Please do not leave the site until Monday morning if at all possible.
- No public vehicles are permitted to enter the campsite hub area at any time.
- A valid wristband must be worn by all patrons at all times.
- Personal identification must be shown upon request.
- Anti-social, abusive, violent, threatening or predatory behaviours will not be tolerated.
- Camp Quirky and Quirky Campers Ltd have a no drugs policy.
- Our eviction policy includes the use of nitrous oxide.
- Apart from dogs who have a dog pass, any other animals brought onto site MUST stay in your vehicles at all time [cats, birds in a cage etc]
- You may bring alcohol for personal consumption (but we hope as many as possible will support our independently and ethically sourced bar and food traders on site).
- Please do not bring glass bottles to the campsite. Decant liquid into plastic before you arrive. This is a family event so there’ll be lots of tiny bare-feet running around everywhere!
- Smoking is not permitted in enclosed public spaces or buildings including toilets, tents and venues. This includes e-cigs & vaping.
- Disposable BBQ’s are not allowed.
- Fire damage to any pitch or infrastructure will result in extra reparation and damage charges. The lead booker for any pitch is liable for any charges should they be required.
- Fires must be at least 2m from any tent and 3m from any vehicle.
- Fires, BBQs and cooking stoves are not permitted in any tents (including glamping accommodation) or car parks.
- Fires must be attended at all times and kept well away from gas canisters and cookers.
- Event staff may extinguish any unattended or non compliant fires. Charges may apply.
- The use of drones or similar equipment for any reason is prohibited on or near the event without written permission from Quirky Campers Ltd.
8. PROHIBITED ITEMS
- Floating / sky lanterns
- Drones or other airborne apparatus
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of cigarettes or rolling tobacco
- Non-personal / excessive amounts of alcohol
- Any items with an intention to retail without prior arrangement
- Nitrous Oxide
- Sound systems
- Body piercing equipment
9. CHALLENGE 25
Camp Quirky operate a proof of age scheme called Challenge 25, whereby an accepted form of photographic identification shall be requested before any alcohol is sold to any person who appears to be under 25 years of age. Acceptable proof of age shall include identification bearing the customers photograph, date of birth and integral holographic mark or ultra-violet security measure.
Suitable means of identification would include PASS approved proof of age card, photo card driving licence and passport.
We want Camp Quirky to be a safe space in all ways and strongly believe that everybody has the right to enjoy the campsite experience free from harassment, microaggressions, abuse or intimidation. If you experience any of the above, please report to any member of the festival team who will deal with it discreetly.
We are committed to ensuring that Camp Quirky is an inclusive space for communities targeted by discrimination such as racism, sexism, transphobia, ableism and homophobia.
We welcome feedback on how we can improve on these efforts. Every person who attends Camp Quirky has a shared responsibility to oppose discriminatory behaviours and promote inclusivity. This is a community, and everybody is welcome.
There is specified accessible camping area at the event, and facilities will be made available.
Please email to discuss any accessibility support that may be required.
11. DOG POLICY
Dogs are a part of the van life culture and for many of those living permanently on the road, dogs are an essential part of life. We recognise that some dog owners find it difficult to find care for their dogs during Camp Quirky so we want to be accommodating as possible.
We will allow a limited number of dogs at the event. All dogs must have a ticket. The limit excludes personal assistance dogs (guide dogs).
Your dog will not be allowed onto the site without a dog ticket. Please only buy a dog ticket if you really have no option to have your dog looked after elsewhere.
Personal assistance dogs (guide dogs) will need to be arranged with us in advance. Registered trained assistance dogs will not need to pay for a ticket.
Dogs will be issued with a wrist band to be worn on their collar. Please write your contact mobile number onto the wrist band in case the dog is found loose.
No liability attaches to the event or any of its members for any action by a dog or its owner and by bringing your dog into the event grounds you acknowledge your responsibility and liability for its actions. If you are requested by any of the stewards or security personnel to better control your dog please do so.
Expected behaviour of dog owners and dogs at Camp Quirky:
- Keep your dog on a lead and under control, with a responsible adult holding the lead, at all times, both in public and crew areas of the event site. There are designated areas around the edges of the site, where people can walk with their dogs.
- Pick up your dog’s mess. There will be scoop bags available at the Production tent. Dispose of these bags in the designated dog poo bin.
- As a responsible Camp Quirky dog owner, if you see any dog mess that isn’t your own dogs, please pick it up.
- Pay attention to the needs of your dog and other event-goers. Some people are afraid of dogs: please respect this. Be aware that not everyone loves your dog as much as you do!
- If dogs are barking and disturbing other festival goers especially near workshop areas, you may be asked to move away form the area until your dog is quiet again.
- Dogs are not allowed in any of the inside spaces including the bar area and workshop tents.
- Liaise with our Production Office and notify the nearest steward if you witness a stray dog or a dog under insufficient control on the site.
- Dogs must be kept within the designated boundaries of the event except the designated walking areas.
- Dog identification will need to be worn at all times. Dogs and their owners will be photographed for easy identification during the event. These photos will be deleted after the event has ended.
If any one of these behaviours are not adhered to you could be asked to leave the event.
Permission to re-enter will be refused unless arrangements for the dog to be looked after outside of the event site have been made.
Behaviour which will result in removal from the event:
- Owner allowing a dog to wander loose around the event site.
- Owner not responsibly disposing of their dog’s mess.
- Owner not looking after their dog, resulting in event crew having to manage the dog.
- Anybody with a dog considered by the security personnel or event management to be a nuisance to other people on the event site.
- Dog causing a disturbance to fellow festival attendees.
If your dog is found roaming loose, event staff will take it to the info point.
If your dog is missing please report this to a steward immediately.
We will have dedicated dog wardens on site to ensure that you and your dog are happy and that our dog policy is actioned.
Camp Quirky will not admit dogs listed in the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991. In the unlikely event of injury or damage being caused by a dog, this will be the liability of the owner. Camp Quirky reserves the right to ask for the removal of any ‘Out of Control’ dog from the event site.
Out of control:
Your dog will be deemed ‘Out of Control’ if it: injures someone; injures someone’s animal; makes someone worried that it might injure them; or makes someone worried that your dog might injure them if they try to stop it attacking their animal.
- Quirky Campers Ltd can accept no responsibility for any personal property.
- Please do not bring unnecessary valuable items or excessive amounts of cash, as card payments will be available.
- Photographers and videographers will be on site, capturing images and video recordings of the event, including all patrons. The audience has no rights to these images, and Quirky Campers Ltd or any authorised third party is entitled to free use of these images and recordings in any reasonable manner without claim.
- Terms and conditions are subject to change at any time. We encourage you to review regularly for any changes.
All of these terms and conditions are governed by English law. Disputes arising in connection with these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.