Chevrolet Astro AWD
Please call, as I don’t see all emails.
4.3 V6 Petrol Engine
Official Mpg is 17mpg, however, I get closer to 25mpg, which for this size engine and payload is really good. There is the possibility of converting the fuel to LPG, this must be done by a specialist and will cost between £900/£1400. Expected mpg after conversion will be closer to 60mpg.
It has had a service in 2020 at West Midland American Vehicles as well as a new distributer cap (these tend to go before 100,000 miles). I’ve spent a lot of time and pennies modernising the original electrics, these are now up to a level which i’m happy with but the new owner may want to replace certain elements. I’m happy to discuss any details like this.
Steering column mounted automatic gear shift. Pulls through every gear and will kick down for extra grunt.
Bodywork is now great. I sprayed the van with UPOL RAPTOR and all it’s accessories to make it look a bit less vintage. This paint has glass particles in it and gives a textured finish, it’s extremely tough and corrosion resistant so the dreaded car park trolleys will now come off worse and you won’t have to worry about salt spray.
Mot’d until Feb2022
Fixed double bed. Measurements to follow soon.
I’m 5’11 and can stretch out fully in bed but anyone over this height would have to angle themselves to stretch out.
Chevrolet Astro Day Van Conversion
Lovingly converted from old vintage looking people carrier into a fully functional off-grid 2 berth camper van. This van is my pride and joy. My first full conversion of a van and I would love the new owner to have as much fun travelling around in it as I have converting it. She’s fully insulated and capable of surviving off grid for as long as your water tank lasts.
Great smaller scale van for extended weekends away with all the luxuries of home and an engine with enough grunt to keep well away from the traditional motorhome enthusiasts!
– Fully registered as a motorhome
– 4.3L V6 Petrol Engine
– All Wheel Drive (power to all 4 wheels, great to traction and off-roading)
– 25mpg (Motorway) 17mpg (Urban)
– Mot until Feb22
– Serviced in 2020
– Digital dash
– Leather arm chairs with passenger chair on a swivel base
– Raptor paint job. Glass flake paint for corrosion resistance and extreme toughness
– Stitches and Steel awning
– Spare wheel
– Electric mirrors
– Air Horn
– Rear fold away table
– 200W Solar panel
– 230ah leisure battery
– Split charger from starter battery to charge leisure battery while you drive
– 1500w Inverter for 230v power (mains) 2 outlets
– Victron 100/20 Bluetooth Smart Solar Charge Controller
– Fiamma roof fan
– Front curved LED light bar
– Rear 60w LED work light
– Side LED Awning lights
– Front LED Daytime running lights
– Isolators for all electrical components
– Reversing camera
– Electric windows
– 12v wiring in kitchen cabinet ready for fridge
– 2 USB points (1 in side of bed, 1 in back door)
– 56L Underslung water tank
– Shurflo 20psi water pump and accumulator
– Belfast shortie sink
– 20L Waste water tank with manual shut off valve (open when over drain etc)
– Water level reader
– Option to put in shower on side
– Wood clad interior with hessian coffee sack detailing
– Warm LED lighting recessed into shelf and around headlining
– Overhead storage with vintage american flag headlining
– Live edge worktop with copper tap
– Original blind on kitchen window
– Hessian thermal lined curtains
– Under bed storage
– Wine rack
– Hand made terracotta tiles
– Astro turf in front cab
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.