The van is a Ford Transit 350 with a 2.2 TDCi Diesel engine, it is the 100 BHP version. It drives very well, much like a car compared to older vans. This is a reliable van and very comfortable, and economical with its 6th gear. Great for cruising on the motorway. The official MPG for this van is 32.5–42.2MPG.
Before becoming a campervan last winter it was owned by Network Rail and they have assured me it has been well maintained. I do not have written service history however a mechanic has checked the van and said it’s clear they did service it regularly. The van has good bodywork and has an MOT which is valid until January 2021.
Includes reversing camera and reverse warning beepers which make parking a breeze.
This campervan has been beautifully converted to a very high standard and has had months of work put into it. It has all the features you’ll need for extended trips or permanent living.
The van features:
– Bespoke upholstered cushions for the sofa/bed
– Solid oak work surface.
– Instant hot water and hot outdoor shower. With a powerful 24Kw 12 litre-per- minute boiler this will provide steaming hot water at a fast flow rate. This is better than most commercial campers which you have to wait for hot water.
– 70L Fresh water tank.
– Enclosed toilet room which doubles up as storage space. It’s often a dilemma whether or not to have a toilet room as you lose the significant amount of space it takes up. But with this van, when you don’t need the toilet to be used you can fold down a shelf instead!
– Powerful 8Kw diesel heater. For cold nights this heater will keep the van comfortably warm in all weather conditions. It has a thermostatic control panel to keep the van at a set temperature or startup in the morning at a set time.
– 320W solar system. The Perlight panel is mounted on the roof with hinges giving you the option to angle it up to increase output if you’re parked up for a while. The regulator is an EPever MPPT for the best efficiency.
– 2 x 115Ah leisure batteries with 240V wired directly into the van from the inverter.
– Merlin Split charge relay system so that the leisure batteries keep charged while driving. The Merlin system also has a low voltage regulator which cuts the devices off when the batteries are low. This will help protect the batteries from over-discharge, but if you prefer to maximise the battery system you can disable this low voltage protection.
– 1100W Pure Sine wave inverter wired to 5 mains plug sockets.
– 2 USB sockets and one cigarette lighter socket in the rear.
– Waeco CK40D compressor fridge box. This is a 38L compressor fridge which runs through the inverter or on 12V mode for driving. On 240V mode it is very efficient with an average consumption of 99KWh/year. It will comfortably keep your perishables cool just off the solar power. The box can also be used as a freezer and goes right down to -20C, but beware it does use quite a lot of battery juice to freeze everything in the fridge down to this temperature.
– TV mounted on the back which runs Freeview and has HDMI input so you can plug your laptop in.
– The kitchen is designed so that you can open the back door to enjoy the views while cooking and there is also an extraction fan above the kitchen.
– Carbon monoxide alarm and smoke alarm fitted.
– 12V fan for the rear of the van for hot summer days.
– The cooker is a Dometic Smev 8322 which is very compact with two hobs and the sink in one unit.
– 850W microwave.
– The shower is best used at the rear van however there is also the option to set up the shower inside with a custom made stainless steel shower tray and shower curtain to be used in the bathroom.
– Plenty of storage for kitchen stuff and belongings. (Three kitchen cupboards, one cupboard under the bed, one drawer under the bed, one storage compartment under the seat, overhead storage next to the microwave, plus the toilet option.)
– The bed is a small double bed which folds out. There is an option for another bed for a child next to the main bed. If this is required I can custom make this.
– There’s a GPS tracker fitted to the van so you can text the van and it will respond with GPS coordinates, as an extra security feature.
– The van has two tinted windows, one of them opens slightly to let in the fresh air. Both windows have curtains and one of the windows is brand new.
– Currently there are campervan graphics on the outside which was needed for the DVLA to consider it as a campervan but if you prefer to remove them for a more stealthy looking vehicle that is an option.
– There is a powerful outdoor light which is great for arriving at camping spots at night, and there are 3 different LED light options for inside the van.
– At the rear of the van next there is the 20L waste water tank which you can use if needed, otherwise the waste water pipe lets the water directly out of the van.
– Next to the wastewater tank there’s a storage area for tools.
– There is a compost bin behind the kitchen surface for convenient use
– The van could be converted to take hookup easily as there is an RCD installed already. I will supply a lead for hookup which you can plug the mains system into instead of the inverter, but there isn’t currently a socket on the outside of the van.
– The gas system has been certified and signed off.
The campervan has been freshly converted and most parts are brand new. There are also opportunities to customise it further.
I can deliver the van to you within 200 miles for free or beyond that if fuel costs are covered.
Please only enquire if you’re seriously interested, not dreaming about an idea.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Ford Transit 350
The bed is a small double bed which folds out. The dimensions of the bed are 191cm x 110cm. There are two sleeping layouts and there is a bed for a child next to the main bed (130cm long)