VW Crafter CR35 Trendline Tdi LWB
3500kg Gross Weight
MOT Valid until November 2023
Parking Sensors – Front & Rear
Fixed, full width double bed with 100mm memory foam mattress.
METHOD VANS – Handcrafted Campers
PLEASE NOTE – Price is £74,600 + VAT
I’m Joe, a cabinetmaker turned converter, and this is the latest of my METHOD VANS handcrafted campers. It is a brand new and beautiful one-of-a-kind conversion executed with huge attention to detail. Utilising a mixture of lightweight poplar plywood, oak veneers and laminates has resulted in a high-end finish whilst keeping weight to a minimum.
This is a van that is more than capable of sustaining you off-grid with its 380W PV, 200AH lithium ROAMER battery bank, solar rig, water and LPG tanks but would sit equally as comfortably on a campsite with its extremely tidy exterior and power hook-up. A full spec is bullet-pointed towards the bottom.
The van is complete with Fiamma f80s awning in black, Maxxfan, stargazing skylight above the bed, spare wheel carrier and brand-new black steel wheels and all-terrain tyres for those tougher routes.
The silver paintwork of the van has been broken up with a subtle and tasteful vinyl design featuring a grey wrap below the plastic trim and a 3 stripe colour combo in-keeping with the interior theme, running from front to back and across the back doors. These stripes are broken occasionally with the round ‘Method Vans’ logo.
The cabinets have poplar plywood interiors with hand painted fronts and eye-catching yellow handle detail. The kitchen and seating area are finished in a dark grey and the walls and bathroom in an ‘Indian White’. All cabinet doors are hung on superior Tiomos hinges and have strong magnetic catches. The drawers are mounted on Dynapro soft-close runners.
The kitchen includes the following: eye-level wall cabinets with shelving; slim, solid oak worktop with extra fold-up work surface; Thetford hob/oven/grill; sink and tap; end unit with shelving; under oven storage for oven trays; integrated Alpicool Adventurer 50 12v compressor fridge; control panel cupboard which houses control panels for air heater, hot water heater, gas tank read-out, water level read-out, Victron battery monitor and Victron CCGX.
The sleeping area includes a small step up to a full double width bed with memory foam mattress, and a storage ‘trough’ both sides for clothes, a book, phone, drink etc and a charging point and reading light. There is also a ‘media’ shelf with Bluetooth amp for music, a 240v supply for a laptop and a 12v USB socket for charging.
Towards the front of the van is the seating/dining area. This comprises 1 seat facing forwards and the driver’s seat which swivels 180 degrees with the dining table in between. The table is mounted on folding brackets which allows it to be easily folded away.
Above the front seats is the over-cab shelf with flap-up door; perfect for storing bedding. This has been carpeted inside and out to match the cab lining.
The bonded side windows are tinted for privacy and are neatly framed with painted reveals.
The nearside of the garage space is where the 200AH ROAMER lithium battery, Victron Orion Smart DC-DC charger, 12v isolator, 240v breakers, fuse/switch board with switches and fuses for the lights and all 12v accessories, and Victron Energy EasySolar 12/1600/70 which is your all-in-one MPPT solar charge controller, inverter/charger and AC distribution.
The offside of the garage space houses the iMass instantaneous hot water heater, Propex Heatsource air heater, gas manifold and water shut off valves. Both sides of the garage and accessories are concealed behind 2 black roller shutters.
The toilet/shower room is a wet room with black Tambour door, hot shower and drainage straight through the floor where the sink waste meets it. The room is ventilated through the roof with a 12v mushroom vent extractor.
The floor in the living space is an engineered oak finished with a hardwearing matt lacquer.
Finally, the garage area floor at the rear of the vehicle is constructed using a tough, grey phenolic plywood. The garage includes a pull-out bike drawer on 125kg drawer runners, with fork mounts for two bikes. The awning pole and strengthening bar are also stored here. The garage is lit with 12v LED strip lights making it easy to load/unload and make adjustments in the dark.
This van weighs 3230kg unladen. It has been fitted with additional airbag suspension which makes it handle extremely well.
SOLAR, POWER AND LIGHTING
• Victron Energy EasySolar 12/1600/70 with MPPT 100/50 – Combines MPPT solar charge controller, inverter/charger and AC distribution
• Victron Energy Battery Monitor BMV700 – Comprehensive monitoring of a single battery bank using a shunt.
• Victron Energy Color Control GX – Provides an instant overview of power system: battery state of charge, present power consumption, power harvest from solar panel, power provision from hook-up. Remote management linked to your devices.
• Victron Orion Smart – 12v-12v 30a (360W) DC-DC charger. Allows charging of lithium battery from smart alternator.
• 380W Q Cells All Black Solar Panel – Half Cell Mono Percium – Latest Tech – MCS Approved.
• Battery Bank – 200AH ROAMER lithium battery with built in BMS (For use with Roamer App)
• AC Hook Up
• Power Points – 3no 240v Sockets, 4no 12v USB charging points. Switched.
• Lighting – Main room lights; 4 LED downlights, switched with dimmer. Kitchen; Under cabinet LED strip, switched. Bathroom; 1 LED downlight, switched. Bedroom; 2 reading lights, switched independently. Garage; LED strip light, switched in garage. Above table light, switched.
• Sound System – 200W FosiAudio BT20A Bluetooth amp. 2no 6×9 speakers set into barn doors. Independent of cab sound system.
PLUMBING AND HEATING
• Fresh Water Tank – 180L Underslung tank from CJL. Control panel level read out in kitchen cabinet.
• Waste Water Outlet – To be used with portable waste tank (for easy of emptying)
• Water Pump – SHURflo 12v 30psi, 7 Litres per minute; coupled with Fiamma expansion tank. Both fitted externally and underslung at rear. Switched.
• Water Heater – iMASS Instantaneous Gas Water Heater IWH-1.5E. Fitted through O/S wall at rear. Fed by LPG tank. Control panel in living area.
• Gas Tank – Underslung 30L LPG tank fitted externally and centrally, behind rear axle. Comes with European filling adapters. Control panel level read out in kitchen cabinet. Switched.
• Gas Supply – Switched on/off using solenoid. Switch located inside living space along with other controls and level indicators.
• Sink – Ikea Kilsviken Inset sink.
• Tap – Black Mixer tap.
• Shower – ‘Domestic’ mixer shower – Hot and cold.
• Toilet – Thetford Cassette C223CS. Electric flush, switched. Rotating bowl. Cassette tank is removable through a sealed door into main room.
• Living Space Heating – Propex Heatsource HS2000 12v LPG Gas Heating system with digital thermostat Swithched.
• Oven – Thetford Caprice 3 Hob, gas cooker oven and Grill. Fed by LPG tank.
• Fridge – Alipcool Adventurer 50L Fridge Freezer – 12v compressor.
• Wheels and Tyres – 5no Brand new black steels with Radar AT5 all-terrain, 245/65/r17 tyres.
• Awning – Fiamma F80s wind-out awning with tie-down straps.
• Spare Wheel – Wheeliams hinge-mounted rear door spare wheel carrier, finished with raptor paint.
• Bed Skylight – Large Double glazed roof light
• Roof Vent – 1no Maxxfan Deluxe
• Side Windows – 2no bonded, tinted windows. O/S opening. N/S fixed.
– 2no bonded bunk windows at rear, fixed.
THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO VIEW,
JOE – METHOD VANS
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
We like the style means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.