VW T4 2002 LWB High Top Mileage 92,000 miles – 4 speed AUTOMATIC gearbox with cruise control – 2.5 turbo diesel and MOT until May 2024.
Brand new tyres with less than 1000 miles on them.
It has a towbar fitted. Really unique van with full length rear windows, LOW MILEAGE and beautiful interior.
Gearbox was reconditioned at 82000 miles and turbo was replaced then as well.
The van hadn’t failed an MOT until this year, transmission fluid leak on MOT advisories has now been fixed at the same garage that reconditioned gearbox. I have records of all work done to the van since 2013 roughly and will pass this on to the new owners.
No rust, it has been so well looked after and doesn’t seem 21 years old! I bought the van from very close family friends 1.5 years ago and I know how well it has been looked after for the last 10 years. Was converted professionally in 2013, fitted with dometica appliances and it got completely revamped in October last year.
Van includes the classic VW rock and roll bed which pulls out to a small double (120cm x 190cm)
Comes with a stand alone awning with 2 man tent so the van can happily accommodate 4 people (maybe more) on a camping trip.
The interior has been designed to feel like a home, cosy and has all “home comfort” features. It has a fan to cool you down in the summer, a heater to keep you warm in the winter, solar panels to make off-grid living easier, black out curtains, loads of storage space and a unique ceiling hand-crafted with long-grain flexible plywood.
When I purchased the van 1.5 years ago, it had been converted with all dometica appliances and cabinetry, it has now had a style refresh, it has been re-insulated, ply panelling has been replaced, lighting redone, solar, heater and fan added. More details listed below.
The leisure battery charges three ways:
• Renogy 100W solar panel, bluetooth monitor and advanced MPPT controller – 25-year power output warranty (24 years left)
• Split charge relay
• Hook up power – comes with lead and adapter for 230v mains plug
The interior includes:
• Full size rock and roll bed or rollers
• Both front seats are captain seats
• Insulated with a mixture of sheep wool and celotex
• Kitchen with twin gas hob
• Sink, tap with water pump and 24L water tank
• Maxxair MaxxFan Deluxe (CLEAR / TINT) 400×400 with Remote Control – 2-Year Limited Warranty (1 year left) with Lifetime Limited Warranty on lid
• 2kW AUTOTERM Air Diesel Heater with advanced controller – 3 year warranty (2 years left)
• Touch-on, dimmable LED lighting in ceiling
• Attachable dining table
• 4 x 230v sockets (and portable inverter)
• 12v socket
• Electrics control panel and battery charge monitor
• Wiring for fridge installed (don’t have a fridge atm but it is all set up ready to go)
Also included in sale:
• Stand alone awning RRP £1000
• Insulated windscreen covers
• Hook up lead with mains adapter
I’ve been living in this van full time for the last 1.5 years, I love it so much and very sad to see it go. I really would like the van to go to someone who will be able to have amazing adventures, appreciate the uniqueness and beauty of it and continue to look after it as well as it has been the last 21 years.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.