Citroen Relay L2H2
MOT until October 2023
Rear parking sensors
6 speed gear box
Drives well and a good solid van, no major problems since we’ve owned her
Cam belt was replaced September 2021
The van had new top-spec Michelin Agilis CrossClimate 215/70 R15 S (109) tyres fitted on the front wheels in September 2022
There is a speed limiter (70mph) meaning it hasn’t been stressed at higher speeds
Total weight (without passengers) is 2516kg so super light compared a lot of conversions, and this means it’s more fuel efficient
She’s an ex-Salvation Army fleet van (hence the name!) and at some point before we got her the rear doors were slightly damaged, resulting in a crack in one of the doors (see photos) and a few dents. She’s still water tight but one of the mechanisms that prevents the doors from swinging fully round to the side doesn’t work; however our handyman came up with a clever solution so you can still have the back doors open even in the wind without worrying!
The driver’s side footwell is also very worn (see photos).
The van has a flexible pull-out bed setup. There’s a single width fixed bed frame which has two single memory foam mattresses (with fitted sheets) stacked on top of each other, and then you can pull out the bed frame and simply slide one of the mattresses over to create a double bed. We’re seeing more and more conversions with this approach as it gives you the under-bed storage of a fixed bed along with more space during the day, but because the sheets, duvet etc. are already on the bed, it takes 30 seconds to get it ready when you want to convert it to a double. No having to make the bed every day and find somewhere to store the bedding! There’s also enough room to sit upright when you’re in bed.
Double bed width: 180 x 140cm
Single bed width: 180 x 70cm
We have also designed the bed setup so that with a couple of adjustments it could be used as two separate single beds, with one mattress on the fixed bed and another lower down across the seats and table. You’d probably just need to fit a couple of ledges to rest the table on to make sure it’s more secure!
Sally is ready to take you on your next adventure! Designed with flexibility in mind, she’s a perfect van for a weekend break or longer road trip. Watersports equipment, pets, she can handle it all.
Her clever pull out bed gives you the interior space benefits of a long wheelbase with the easy parking of an L2 medium wheelbase. And there’s no need to struggle with a roof rack; you can store your kayaks, surf boards or stand up paddleboards inside using the full length of the inside space.
We got the van in October 2021 and the base conversion was done by Anglesey Vans. Since then we’ve been adding to her with the help of our handyman, but a move to Canada sooner than expected means we have to sell, as we aren’t allowed to bring her 🥺
Sally has all the wiring in place to add a leisure battery, inverter and diesel heater if you want to be fully off grid.
Until then, there’s a PowerOak 500W portable battery which powers the fridge, MaxxAir fan and fairy lights (as well as charging phones and/or laptops), and will last 24-48 hours if you do want an off-grid weekend getaway. The van is fitted with an electric hookup (and has 10m and 25m cables) so in between off grid nights you can charge the battery and also use the induction hob (10A) and the electric heater (900W).
– Insulated with sheep’s wool, recycled plastic insulation and Reflectix
– Wall and ceiling lining is a mixture of normal plywood and flexible plywood
– Flooring is hard wearing, high-quality Luxury Vinyl Tile (the same material as would be used in a house)
– Wiring and plug sockets in place ready for leisure battery and inverter
– Rear and side windows for great views no matter which way you park
– MaxxAir fan with remote control and blackout blind
– Wood and plywood kitchen cabinets
– Marine-grade Dometic VA930 sink, which easily fits a saucepan and plates if you don’t fancy washing up straight after cooking
– Beautiful copper tap
– 10l clean water and grey water jerry cans which use a Whale Babyfoot foot pump (the manual foot pump is quieter and less likely to break compared to a motorised pump, and also helps to conserve water)
– Dometic TCX21 Tropicool 12V thermoelectric cooler with 21 litres of storage space
– Portable single ring induction hob from IKEA, this will run on any 10A connection which is offered at most campsites
– Portable single ring gas camping stove for when you don’t have electric hookup
– 2 x compact bins (we use one for food waste and one for general waste)
– Overhead shelf for additional storage
– Metal kettle (can be used on induction and gas hob)
– Slimline kitchen scale
– Measuring jug
– Saucepan with lid
– 2 x plates
– 2 x pasta bowls
– Vegetable peeler
– Kitchen spoon/ladle
– Heat proof mats
– Collapsible washing up bowl
– Table mats
– Flexible drying mat (can be rolled up to save space)
TABLE AND SEATING
– Plywood and wood table with Lagun mount and flexible configuration that allows two people to use the table when sitting across from each other (ideal for games) or side by side looking out the door at the beautiful views!
– Three seats with faux-leather easy wipe cushions, two have storage underneath (currently used for the portable battery, electric heater and other electricals) and one hides the toilet
– Front hatch on one seat for easy access to portable battery and extension leads
– When the bed is in double mode, there is one seat still available (perfect if one person is cooking and the other is relaxing with a glass of wine or a beer looking at the view)
– Thetford Porta Potti 345, concealed under seat by side door, and slides out for easy use and removal
– Fixed single width bed pulls out to double width (mattresses stack when in single width)
– 2 x single memory foam mattresses (180 x 70cm each) with fitted sheets
– Plenty of room to sit upright in bed
– See additional bed description above
ELECTRICS, LIGHTING AND HEATING
– Electric hookup point with 10m and 25m cables provided
– Wiring in place for leisure battery and inverter
– Plug sockets at rear of van and also in under seat storage area
– Electric heater (900W) that can be used when on electric hookup
– PowerOak portable battery with 500Wh capacity, 300W/230V AC output, 12V DC output, wireless charging and USB-C charging
– Stick on lights above kitchen (with rechargable batteries – charger, spare batteries and extra lights included)
– USB powered fairy lights
– Portable lantern (charges from USB and lasts ages, we’ve charged it once in 1.5 years!)
– 2 x memory foam dog beds (optional) if you want your furry friend to come on adventures with you!
– Insulated bulk head storage area above the front cab area, accessible from the inside of the van
– Smaller storage area at the front of the van, accessible from the front can and inside of the van
– 2 x large 73 litre open topped storage boxes that can fit a lot of gear, these are very versatile and can be easily removed if you want to use the full length of the van
– 2 x over-wheelarch storage cubbies, these are very deep and can be accessed both from the back of the van (when the rear doors are open) as well as from the inside
Please feel free to get in touch with any questions, we love Sally and hope you get to have lots of amazing adventures in her!
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.