Citroen Relay L3H2
NOW SOLD – TAKING RESERVATIONS FOR NEXT RELEASE
In a little over a week, Birk is now under reservation with its new owners. However not to worry as Studio Hideout has an identical and enhanced conversion which will be next in line for conversion at the Studio. This next Campervan will be built into a newer generation Citroen Relay and will have various enhancements along with options for countertop colours, fabrics and floor styles.
Please get in contact to secure the next Hideout van as yours!
– 12 MONTH RAC MECHANICAL WARRANTY INCLUDED
– 12 MONTH RAC BREAKDOWN COVER INCLUDED
– Citroen Relay L3H2
– Only 52,500 Miles
– Excellent mechanical condition
– Fully Serviced
– MOT till April 2023
– Bodywork is excellent, the vehicle cosmetically looks almost new throughout the cab and around the full exterior.
Full tank of fuel included so you’re ready to hit the road!
– One fixed double bed in the rear of Birks ‘Nest’ area. A curved plywood ceiling overhead creates a warm and comfortable space to rest. Luxury foam mattress. Bed dimensions: 181x135cm.
– One single bed made from the dining area, ideal for you and Birks guests or as a permanent third berth. Dimensions: 188x62cm
Scandi influenced camper built for adventures.
– 12 Month RAC Vehicle Mechanical Warranty
– 12 Month RAC Vehicle Breakdown Package
– 6 Month Studio Hideout Conversion Warranty
Birk the Hideout Van is a brand new contemporary space that encapsulates adventure and so much more. With its carefully curated mix of natural materials creating a timeless space that connects with the land around you. From the lamb’s wool herringbone fabric to its striking Birch Plywood kitchen, this is a space which inspires you to get out and explore in comfort and style. This camper is ready for trips closer to home, into the Scottish Highlands, or even further afield to the calling of its scandi homelands.
– Contemporary Birch Plywood interior
– Three berth: 1 double bed + 1 single bed
– Fully Off-Grid Capable
– Alfresco pull out table
– Seating area for up to three people
– Two extra large openable skylights
– 100% Lambswool herringbone fabric
– Hot water and central heating, smartphone compatible
– Internal Stealth Shower
– Generous kitchen space to keep the chef happy
– Oven, grill and three burner hob
– Compressor fridge with freezer compartment
– Portable toilet included
– Roof fan
– External hot and cold water shower/hose
– Built in reversing camera
– Birk the Hideout Van’s own instagram account
– Some unique journals for the magazine rack
– MOT until: April 2023
– Fully serviced
– Full tank of fuel included
– Gas test completed by Gas Safe Engineer.
Optional extras at additional cost:
– Tow Bar fitting
– Professional and fully insured UK delivery
Birk the Hideout van is divided into two key areas, the ‘nest’ to the rear, and the kitchen living area to the front. The ‘nest’ area is defined by a striking geometric partition wall, which leads to a bespoke curved plywood ceiling over the double bed to create a warm and comfortable place to sleep. In the kitchen / living area, it’s the striking linear plywood ceiling that enlarges the space and is a real show stopper. 100% Lambs Wool herringbone fabric adds a luxurious touch to your two person + one (plywood stool) seating area, with a swivel table configurable into a desk mode. A third bed also transforms out of the seating area to give you extra sleeping capacity or a day lounger.
The bright spacious interior is filled with natural light through our extra large glass skylights, allowing the sun to show off the unique grain pattern across your rolling homes plywood finish. Through our pull out Alfresco dining table we connect you and your van with the outside. And if it’s wet … the indoor dining space is fully central heated by the press of a button, or from your phone up a hill! A full set of insulated window and skylight pads, finished in Ochre Yellow fabric adds a splash of warm colour for the evening. Winter trips are now a new cosy experience.
Grab the keys and go, we’ve sorted the rest. Storage aplenty we’ve kitted out Birk so you can hit that half day Friday with a spring in your step. An organised set of storage solutions keep your van essentials stowed away neatly, so there’s less time faffing and more time doing the stuff you enjoy. A series of hand made Cotton Dry Oilskin storage pouches keep items like your shoes from going walking. Our neat little ply bungee frames are also ace for stuffing away jackets, magazines or if you’re like us, your eclectic range of beanie hats.
The Kitchen space is certainly one for the cooks, with a built-in oven and grill along with plenty of countertop space available for getting creative with your dishes – Van Scran just got an upgrade. Storage drawers aplenty, soft close as standard ensures everything from pots and pans, to glasses and bowls can be accommodated in perfect order. A well sized compressor fridge offers lots of room for fresh food, beers or even a bottle of wine in the door. A 5L freezer compartment also ensures the sorbet is as ice cool as you are.
Built on the reliable Citroen Relay platform, this camper is a joy to drive. Being a medium sized, yet very spacious camper, there are no issues getting into tight spots or weaving down narrow lanes, this a camper for the spontaneous adventurer. A towing capacity of 2.5T allows trailers such as the Ifor Williams HBE Horse Box to be towed.
The ‘Stealth Shower’ offers a fully functional hot shower without the sacrifice of space commonly battled with in campers. Located under the seat box, a shower rail loop and curtain easily and securely attaches to magnets on the ceiling. (Top tip: With a heater outlet into the box, the shower box is also ideal for drying out wet shoes after a day of dodging other showers!)
External Features / Garage:
From the outside of the vehicle you also have a handy hot hose / shower, ideal for four legged friends, muddy boots or even yourself (but please keep your modesty!). It’s easily one of the most useful features packed into this camper!
Located in the garage area and you’ll find the fully loaded Victron electronics system. You’re never left short of power with three charging sources; the roof Solar Panels, a Split Charge Relay or a 240V Plug for when hooked up at the campsite. An inverter supplies power for those laptop movie nights. The garage area, designed for all sorts of kit such as inflatable paddle boards, kayaks and much more. This is a storage space ready to facilitate all adventures, so there’s less time packing the tetris way and more time outside doing the things you enjoy.
Get out and explore the Hideout way.
If your into all the techy details like ourselves, you’ll find this listed below:
– Stunning Contemporary Birch Plywood Cabinets
– Laminate Birch Plywood countertop
– Soft close drawers and cupboards as standard
– Large pots and pans drawer
– Drawer for Cutlery and Utensils
– X4 Drawers designed for Mugs, Plates and Bowls
– Large pull out spice rack
– Large undermount stainless steel sink
– Matt black mixer tap with Aerator
– Beech wood hand towel rail
– Pull out bin with waste and recycling compartments
– Under Sink storage
– Thetford Triplex Three Burner Hob, Grill and Oven – Pizza ready!
– Electric 12V Ignition on Hob
– Dometic CRX 50 Compressor Fridge (45L) with freezer compartment (4.4L) Powered by 12V.
Seating + Storage
– Large laminate birch plywood table on swivel leg, allows for multiple table setups.
– Seating for up to X3 People
– Custom made 100% Lambswool Herringbone cushions
– X3 Large wardrobe drawers for clothes
– Secure Latched on all movable features.
– Overhead storage shelf with geometric bungees strung across the face.
– Large open over cab storage area
– Extra large garage area suitable for storing inflatable paddle boards, kayaks.
– Fully tri-insulated using Celotex Foam Boards, Recycled Bottle Wool and Reflective Bubble Roll across the floor, walls and ceiling.
– Truma Combi 2E Air and Water heater
– CP Plus Control Panel
– iNet SIM Card Control Box
– X4 Heater Outlets (X2 Living Area,X1 Garage,X1 Shower)
– Can be powered by either Gas OR 240V Electric.
– Maxxair Dome roof fan.
– X2 Extra large openable skylights
– X2 Bed vent windows, with integrated mosquito nets. Allows for comfortable sleeping in warmer weather.
– X2 Front side windows, offside window is openable,
– Full 12V and 240V Electrics System
– Charging via, Solar Panel, Alternator and by Hookup available.
– Renogy 175W Solar Panel
– Victron Energy SmartSolar MPPT 15A
– Victron Energy MultiPlus Inverter/Charger 500W
– Victron Energy Orion-Tr Smart 30A Split Charger
– External 240V Site Hookup Plug
– X2 130AH Deep Cycle Leisure Batteries
– X2 Mains plug sockets
– X4 USB Sockets
– X10 LED recessed ceiling spot lights
– X2 LED Frilight bedside reading lights
– Kitchen kick board LED lights
– External LED ground light on sliding door.
– LED Garage lighting
– 100L Freshwater Tank (Internal)
– 50L Wastewater Tank (External, Insulated)
– Water Level Monitor for both tanks.
– Shurflo Trail King Pump (10.6 litre/min, 30 PSI)
– Fiamma A20 Universal Expansion Tank
– 15MM John Guest Pipework, Isolator valves at each appliance.
System has been fully tested and signed off by a Gas Safe Engineer. Certificate Included.
– Internal Gas Locker in Garage Area
– Full 11KG Propane Bottle
– 30 MBA Bulkhead Regulator
– Solid Copper pipework throughout the vehicle with isolator valves at appliances.
– Carbon Monoxide Alarm
– Fire Extinguisher
– Fire Blanket
– MOT until: April 2023
– Full service completed
– Full tank of fuel included
– Brand new Bosch starter battery fitted.
We look at the potential that a blank van can offer, and carefully select suitable materials which reflect and integrate with the layout to ensure that your rolling space feels unique and bespoke every time you open the door.
Specialising in using natural + sustainable materials, we create spaces which are an extension of the landscape that surrounds you. Forget your artificial plastic wood effects, our spaces are 100% real, for real adventures. Think fresh, bright and contemporary, this is a space designed for everyday living, relaxing and exploring.
Our approach of craft and detail underpins everything we do, and the quality of our finished product makes all the hours of sanding, refining and problem solving worth it. We thrive off the design challenge of working with van interiors, it’s what keeps us living and breathing.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to get in contact and we will respond swiftly!
'We like the style' means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.