An All-Star Handmade Offgrid Adventure Vehicle!
£36500 and all offers reviewed!
“Out Of The Blue”. A Handmade Bespoke Off Grid Adventure Vehicle offering from Harper’s Vans and Recreation.
We choose the award-winning Crafter to house this build!
A bit about the Crafter – Now a back-to-back winner of Parkers’ Best Van of the Year award, the Crafter’s supreme blend of utility, versatility and comfort continues to shine through. More practical, economical and innovative than ever before, the Crafter has a wide range of features to meet the needs of our camper customers.
Painted and polished last week in genuine Volkswagen 20/21 camper colors, we know it’s a one of a kind on the road. The bodywork and paint are near perfect immaculate.
The Van drives like a Dream.
It had a 100,000-mile package. All perishables under the hood replaced. New brakes and a full service to boot.
We guarantee the engine and the conversion for 6 months. You say the word and we fix it, no worries.
The breaks are sharp and the shocks are smooth. We are rolling on the Legendary BF Goodrich All-Terrain Tyres!
– A full-service history
– 12 Month M.O.T
– 6 Month Full Guarantee
– Weight check signed off
– 240 volt sign off
– Gas safety certificate
– Ready to work as a rental
Before we bought this van for conversion it had one previous owner and the bulk of the miles had been ‘no load’ motorway miles and it shows the van is like new in many ways.
We also have
🤍 Reversing camera with night vision and distance sensors.
🤍 Power steering with convenience buttons.
🤍 2 charging ports.
🤍 Reupholstered seats.
🤍 Brand new steering wheel upgraded upholstery.
🤍 Upgraded LED cab lights.
🤍 New wiper blades and upgraded motor.
🤍 8 vent cab heating and cooling.
🤍 Upgraded Bluetooth phone connection.
🤍 New sun visors and mirrors.
🤍 Overhead shelves and sunglasses storage.
🤍 Electric windows.
🤍 Central and remote locking.
🤍 Adjustable seat belts.
Deadlocks on everydoor.
🤍 The middle seat folds down into a drinks caddy.
🤍 Rapid response airbags and ASR technology.
🤍 Six-speed easy-adjust gear stick.
🤍 Pollen and pollutant filter on the cab air intake to keep it fresh! ✌️
The odd imperfections here and there are examples of the passion, enthusiasm, and sheer love that goes into hand-making these one-off “work of art” conversions for you.
The carefully crafted interior with its mix of Marine Blue shaker doors, Ivory lace scrubbable paint, solid oak worktops and mahogany lights and trim. This van has been engineered with functionality and luxury as the priorities.
Making things easy and convenient when camping so you can enjoy connecting with family.
We use the lightest weight and highest quality materials in our build and buy organic and sustainable where possible.
Harpers Van’s and Recreation have also made a pledge to work towards a plastic-free and carbon-neutral business model as soon as possible. We have started the journey!
There is much to write about this van but to keep it sweet here is the Main Stack –
– The whole van is triple insulated and topped with a vapor barrier.
– We use lightweight plywood to build all of our furniture and clad the walls. This way we know you are getting good MPG.
– The van has a robust solar and inverter set up. This van can last off-grid indefinitely. It is ready to handle even the most remote locations. All of our electrics are covered by Victron. We have a Bluetooth inverter, solar panel, Bluetooth solar controller, split charge relay and a main battery charger for what you plug in to shore power. All these are bluetooth so you can track your power from your phone. We use the best and safest when it comes to the builds. Especially electrics.
4 plugs + 2 usb
Kitchen & Living area.
-Solid oak countertops triple protected in danish oil.
– Privacy tint windows – European manufactured glass, factory tinted to 82%
– Gas heating, Truma Central Heating you can work from your phone while out or in situ on the LCD screen.
– Maxx Air Fan. – Vent even when it’s raining.
– Secondary Vent Fan with VW custom cover.
– Organic fabrics and fire retardant foams used in the cushions and curtains handmade in Little Gaddesden.
– Large Commercial sink.
– Spray tap and extendable hose.
– ‘Overland’ water system.
– Thetford oven and Grill.
– Dometic fridge freezer. Capable of all freeze or all fridge or fridge/freezer.
– 2 Hob Gas Cooktop Burner.
– Singleton shakers in true matt marine blue combined with solid polished chrome cup pull and handles.
– Handmade redwood pine soft close drawers and cupboards. Anti-rattle Magnets fitted for a smooth and silent ride even when off road.
– Carpeted and curtained sliding door.
– Redwood Pine roof and framing.
– Hinged furniture for maximum storage.
– Built in Thetford Toilet and cupboard.
– Lagun Table leg and oak table top.
– ‘U’ Shape seating combined with table top creates a third bed with ease.
– Double USB charging
– 4 x Plugs in chrome with white inserts. (2 x inverted, 2 x shore power)
– Easy clean Chrome 4 gang light switch.
– All paint used in the van is hard-wearing anti-mold and easy clean wipe down.
– Overhead and bedside storage equipt with soft close and magnets.
– Mahogany vertical handmade in yorkshire ‘dim down’ mood lighting.
– The Queen size bed can be made into a King by removing the side storage.
– The mattress is memory foam and sits atop of a custom bed frame made from 30mm box steel.
– All the plush cushions you see dressed in the picture. Over 10!
– Custom VW bedroom vent cover.
– Secret storage compartment.
– Tinted slide open window with fly mesh
– Instant and unlimited outdoor hot water shower.
– RCD unit for shore power.
– LRG gas locker for 6kg LPG bottle.
– Triple gas manifold and easy turn shutoff valves.
– The area doubles as a drying room as we have hot air pipes connected to this area and a smart airflow design that wicks away moisture.
– The floor is 5mm rubber penny flooring and it is clad up the inside of the walls for an easy mop out option.
– Access hatch to the main cab.
– LED lighting.
– The area is 190cm long and 170cm wide.
All products and appliances used are brand new and hand installed by our dedicated team members. We believe that the highest quality of equipment creates the best overall van life living experience. For example, Truma gas heating and Max air fan have been installed thoughtfully for your comfort on both hot summer days and cold winter evenings.
Twin hobs, Oven and Grill create the perfect scenario for breakfast, lunch, and dinner cooking options. The Duplex oven is a high quality combined oven and grill, with easy to clean stainless steel interior. A 12v ignition gives heat at the click of a button. the oven has superior cooking performance.
Having worked closely with our gas safety specialist we have gone above and beyond the safety standards in the gas inspection, the van comes with a landlords gas-certification.
Pop the kettle on and you can brew up your favorite morning beverage at your leisure while enjoying the morning view. Set the heater to auto turn on before you jump out of bed to enjoy a heated floor beneath your feet. Pop your socks on and then heat some croissants in the oven while pouring a glass of Orange Juice from the fridge. – The gas oven and grill and plentiful kitchen counter space are also perfect for practicing your love of breakfast while off-grid.
Look out of the window. Your adventure awaits. Use the ergonomic table and seating set up to look at the maps with your partner then it’s round the garage to pull out your equipment. The heated and well-lit garage makes it easy to organize and store your essentials.
Back to the living room to get your phone off charge and grab the van keys.
Lock with central locking and then the deadlocks for peace of mind
The solar will keep charging while you are away making sure the fridge is cold and the van is well ventilated.
You get back to a toastie warm van and into your dry clothes. Set the wet gear to dry and cook up a delicious meal. Enjoy that and save the leftovers in the fridge.
Draw the curtains and then set the mood with the sidelights and drift off to sleep in the memory foam bed.
The next day you might check into a campsite or plugin at home for an additional guest room, we’ve got you covered with an mains electricity hook up and this will auto-start charging the battery too.
If you have any questions about the build process please give us a call or an email.
The tiles in the kitchen area with its smooth surface, softly romantic hue and gentle marble effect veining, matt Bistro grey hexagon tile recalls the bohemian glamour of a Parisian brasserie. Its classically French aesthetic will bring the flavor of 1800s Art Nouveau styling to the van and create a striking pattern using the versatile hexagonal shape for a statement feature wall.
For this design, we look to Charles Rennie Mackintosh a Scottish architect, designer, water colourist and artist. His artistic approach had much in common with European Symbolism. His work, alongside that of his wife Margaret Macdonald, was influential on European design movements such as Art Nouveau and Secessionism and praised by great modernists such as Josef Hoffmann. Mackintosh was born in Glasgow and died in London. He is known for much but his offerings on the philosophy of life and art are memorable, He offered “There is hope in honest error; none in the icy perfections of the mere stylist” and “Life is the leaves which shape and nourish a plant, but art is the flower which embodies its meaning” –
Regarding Japanese style –
This style was admired by Mackintosh because of its restraint and economy of means rather than ostentatious accumulation; its simple forms and natural materials rather than elaboration and artifice; and its use of texture and light and shadow rather than pattern and ornament. In the old western style, furniture was seen as ornament that displayed the wealth of its owner; the value of the piece was established according to the length of time spent creating it. In the Japanese arts furniture and design focused on the quality of the space, which was meant to evoke a calming and organic feeling to the interior. – What an inspirational pair He and his Wife were.
The highest safety standards have been adhered to throughout this build so you can rest assured that you and your family are in for one great ride.
We can deliver this van anywhere in the UK and are happy to arrange Covid 19 safe viewings.
The photos look good but it looks even better when you see it. The first to come to see it will buy.
Thanks so much for taking an interest from all of us at ‘Harper’s Vans and Recreation’ in your future van life plans!
We look forward to hearing from you.
'We like the style' means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Volkswagen Crafter – CR35 Bluemotion TDI ! One previous owner. Like new.
Full-size Memory Foam Double Bed –
Smaller single bed –
Mattress details Body molding comfort and recommended by chiropractors and doctors alike. It gives an elastic ability which allows it to conform to your body shape to relieve pressure points across the body
Supportive base, a thick layer of reflex foam is used to act as the support mechanism/foundation layer in this mattress
Sanitized materials are used to provide hypoallergenic and anti-dust mite properties that make it great for allergy and asthma suffers
To provide extra softness and plumpness to the mattress, polyester wadding is added into our covers where the end results provide a soft and luxury feeling mattress
Removable zip cover
Not only has anti-dust mite properties but can be dry cleaned with ease
6 inches in depth
Smaller make up single bed –
Using the table and the seating area you can make up a Smaller double.
Memory foam seat cushions similar hypoallergenic properties to the full size – 4 inches in depth.
All Materials in the van are fire retardant.