Home » Kickstart Opportunities at Quirky Campers
Quirky Campers is busier than ever and we are looking for 3 people to join the team and help us deliver our mission under the Kickstart scheme which is creating new jobs for those at risk of long term unemployment.
To meet the criteria for the Kickstart scheme you must be:
- Claiming Universal Credit
- Aged 16-24
This is an opportunity to be part of a small but well established company in the exciting and booming world of handmade campervans. We are looking for passionate, self-motivated and friendly individuals to join our fun and supportive team and are keen to hear from a diverse range of candidates.
All of the jobs are remote so can be done from anywhere (including a campervan), provided you have a good internet connection and access to a phone and laptop. The jobs are 25 hours per week and paid at the real Living Wage of £9.50/hour. Contracts are limited to a 6-month period.
To Apply: Read the descriptions below and click the links to complete the application form by Wednesday 14th July. We will pass shortlisted candidates on to the jobcentre. Alternatively, contact your work coach and ask about this opportunity.
Customer Support Assistant
This customer support role is perfect for someone who loves helping people, is passionate about adventures and works well in a responsive high paced environment. You will be working from home, accessing our email, phone and booking system remotely.
You will be responsible for delivering our very high level of customer service to both campervan owners and customers. Your job will include responding to customer enquiries through email, telephone and livechat. You may also be asked to do additional hours ‘on call’ in case of urgent calls.
Responsibilities and Duties will include (but are not limited to)
- Responding to customer enquiries by email, telephone and website livechat
- Developing systems, processes and policies
- Dealing with complaints and acting as an arbiter between customers and owners
- Ad hoc admin tasks as required
Skills and experience needed
- Excellent phone manner
- Strong writing skills and ability to convey messages in line with our values
- Good IT skills – internet, email, skype, dropbox, excel and ability to pick up new programmes quickly
- Ability to organise your work, multitask and prioritise
Shifts will vary a little but will be roughly 3-9pm for three weekdays + 9.30-5 for one weekend day
Is writing about and looking at pictures of beautiful handmade campervans your dream job? This role will involve supporting our marketing team to get the word out about this amazing way of experiencing the UK.
While the role will primarily focus on marketing, we want every member of our team to understand our customers better by spending regular time on the ‘front line’ responding to telephone and livechat enquiries.
Creativity, good organisation and the ability to manage your own time and work are essential to this role.
Responsibilities and Duties may include but are not limited to
- Assisting with social media posting and scheduling
- Answering the phone to potential marketing opportunities
- Brand research for potential collaboration
- Researching and contacting beautiful campsites
- Photo organising/tagging
- Award research and shortlisting
Skills and experience needed
- Excellent writer with the ability to adopt our brand tone of voice
- Strong aesthetics
- Familiar with social media platforms including pinterest, facebook, twitter, instagram and youtube
- Ability to conduct self-directed research
9am-2pm Monday to Friday.
Choosing a vehicle for your campervan conversion One of the first questions we’re asked by people looking to convert a panel van to a …
Lindsay, who owns Quirky Campers with her husband David, shares what she learned about camper awnings when she decided their van Bella (pictured) needed …