Renault Master 2013 MHL35 DCI 150
To get started let me share some history on where the vehicle has come from. It started life as a motorised wheelchair delivery vehicle, subcontracted by the NHS for the first 6 years of life before it was purchased by a local company – Swindon Car & Van Rental (not far from where I live). They proceeded to give the van a full service, a fresh MOT, valet the interior as well as clean and polish the exterior. They also provided all of the service history and MOT certificates as well as removed all of the internal plywood so I could thoroughly inspect all of the internal metal work for dents, bumps and scratches (there weren’t any). The van couldn’t have been cleaner.
The DCI 150 is fitted with the most powerful engine put into the third generation Renault Master, offering more BHP and torque than its counterparts. Unlike other vehicles which need engine/ECU modifications to increase power, it’s always had plenty without needing to change anything. It’s just had a full service, the front brakes changed in August 2022 and an MOT (passed first time with no advisories every time since owning) carried out on 23/08/2023.
For reference, I used the vehicle while working away last winter for 4 months. I used £15 in LPG every 3 weeks, this provided heating 4h a day, cooking + the fridge on all the time.
Full-size double bed oriented across the width of the vehicle.
The layout also offers the alternative option of sleeping across the width of the mattress. Underneath the mattress is a retractable platform that can be pulled out to increase the length and height effectively making the bed a kingsize mattress (additional pillows/foam will be needed for this option)
The goal of this project was to create a 4 season van with no expense spared in regards to the conversion.
– Full-length custom roof rack
– 740w of solar panels (hinged to bring up to 45′)
– Maxxair Fan
– Composite roof deck
– Thermal Shower
– Flag attachment
– Fully Sealed + an additional layer of paint below the trim level to stop stone chips/scratches
– 180l Water Tank
– 30l LPG Refillable Tank
– Reversing Camera
– Drip Stop Over The Sliding Door (stops water coming indoors)
– Driver side and Passenger side wind defectors
– 3m x 3m Awning
– Upgraded Triple Leaf Springs
– External Lock on rear doors
– Upgraded driver and passenger seats (range rover)
– Passenger swivel seat attachment
– Upgraded head unit – Kenwood KDC-X7200DAB with full functioning steering wheel control
– Front facing + Reversing touchscreen camera/dash cam
– Overhead storage above bulkhead with 240v + 12v power
– Thetford oven with 3-ring gas burner
– Thetford fridge 3-way fridge
– Full-size sink with adjustable flexible water tap
– Retractable Oak table
– Retractable compostable toilet
– 240 Samsung Smart television – connects via hot spot to enable apps and full functionality otherwise used as a monitor. Power usage is 3amps/hr (Max usage is 100h for ref with no additional charge)
– Maxxairr fan in the ceiling to regulate temperature
– Truma4e water/air heating system
– Pull out pantry between the oven and sink
– 3 cupboards above the kitchen
– 3 cupboards above the bed + one over the back of the vehicle
– Storage area houses the toilet, tables, electrical system, water system and heater. Plenty of room for additional storage/bikes
– Bench seats with additional storage
– Brand new Eve full-size double mattress (£550)
– 8 LED Downlights
– Runway Mood lighting RGB
– Cupboard LED lights RGB
– Sliding door lights in the footstep
– Solar lights/security lights
– 2 x flexible bed lights (his/hers) with 2 USBs each.
– 2 x kitchen downlights (warm)
Electrical Equipment –
– Victron smart shunt (monitors all electrical current in and out of the battery). This allows the user to see in real-time how depleted or full the battery is + current load/input.
– Victron Energy Phoenix Inverter 12/1600 Smart True LF Sine Wave to convert 12v to 240v.
– Victron Orion-Tr Smart 12/12-30A Non-isolated DC-DC charger – allows the van battery when running to charge the leisure battery
– Victron Energy Blue Smart IP22 Charger 12/30(1) 230V UK charges the battery from shore power
– MPPT Controller to regulate solar input
– KS Energy 300ah lithium-ion battery
– 2 x 70 water tanks – total 140l
– 1 sink with filtered water
– 1 shower external
– 1 solar shower for summer use
– LPG tank is 30l
– Disklok steering wheel
– Pedal lock
– CCTV (not real)
– 2 x Solar lights
– Motion detection alarms fitted to front doors and both large windows
– Additional film over sliding door window to prevent a break-in
– Apple air tag for tracking (not with sale)
Spare Parts –
– Spare tyre
– Bench seats
– Single seat
– Original stereo
– Fire extinguisher
– Steering wheel locks – disklok
– Fridge parts
– Pedal lock
– Emergency brake down kit – from the factory
I’ve probably missed a few things, if you require any additional information please do not hesitate to get in contact. More photos can be issued upon request.
Thanks for viewing.
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.