Volkswagen Caddy Maxi 1.6L
**Please note our van has been listed on Facebook by a SCAMMER! It was only ever listed on QUIRKY CAMPERS and has now SOLD through Quirky Campers. Please do not send the scammer any money, we do not know him. I am not on Facebook so was told by family. We have all reported it as a scam but I think FB are slow to action.**
A unique VW Caddy Maxi Camper with a Pop Top! One of the few Caddy’s you’ll be able to stand up in! The additional height of the pop top even when down, also means there is more headroom when sat down, it adds about 15cm of extra head room and every little helps in smaller campers. It will even fit into most car parks so loads of options of where to park. You can go where the big campers can’t! The pop-top has had roof bars installed (simple to take on and off, if not needed) so you can take your bikes with you. You can also add a roof box on, as long as the roof box is empty of all heavy items you can leave it on while you pop the top.
Really well looked after, anything that it’s needed we’ve done to give peace of mind while holidaying. We’re now looking to get a bigger van and thought it best to sell now while it has a great mileage on it but this had made the best first van! It is unique and we’ve had lots of people come to talk to us about it when we’re out and about, mostly amazed by how spacious it is and how cool the pop top is.
CADDY MAXI C20 TDI Blue Diesel 1598cc. 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
Brand New CLEAN MOT with no advisories & Full Service. Has had a full service every year with us. All receipts kept for works carried out.
LOW MILEAGE under 75K
£320 annual tax
2 previous owners.
– Pop top fitted worth £3125. Has scenic canvas so can be fully unzipped.
– Roof bars fitted to pop top worth £535.
– Accessibility from both doors, none of the conversion covers either side door.
– All 4 injectors just replaced in 2023.
– Clutch replaced in 2023.
– Clutch master cylinder replaced in July 2022.
– Alternator replaced Dec 2022
– All tyres recently replaced, including spare.
– New battery in 2021
– Full service and repair history since we’ve owned it
– 1 Key with key cover to match van
– VW Emissions Update carried out in 2019
– Secure rear door bolt lock.
– 4 cup holders (very important)
– Large decal on the bonnet which makes the van look unique and also covers the old BG logos.
– Original alloys powder coated white, to match the pop top.
– Two tinted side windows, one opening.
– Colour coded bumpers.
– Comes with a battery isolator so should stop the battery from fully draining if not driven for a while.
Patch of rust on bottom corner of one of the doors, currently not causing any issues. Stone chips on bonnet as to be expected. Window chip repaired with Autoglass. One side of the sliding door has a scratch and the plastic cap has come off. There are some small scratches around the van and a small dent over the wheel arch but nothing major. The van also has a quite a few stickers!
Viewings can be arranged for weekends preferably but some evenings may be able to be accommodated. If you’d like to test drive, we will just need to make sure you’re insured to drive it for the day you come to view. Without insurance all we can offer is to drive you as a passenger.
Pull out sofa style bed. Small double with flip up end to give extra length for the taller person if you’re sharing. There are additional cushions/board to make the bed so all the way to the back doors for extra length.
The bed folders back into a comfortable sofa.
14cm thick mattresses with waterproof linings and bespoke covers that can be unzipped and washed.
Bed folded out is 106cm wide and 160cm long without the flip up part. Flipping up the end and added the mattresses gives an extra 20cm length.
– Pop top fitted worth £3125. Has scenic canvas so can be fully unzipped. (A bed could be added into the pop top, this was an option when we got the pop top fitted but we didn’t get it as our goal was more headroom. If you wanted a bed in the pop top, you could build your own bed addition or look at pop top fitters to see if they could fit one, I believe there are ones you can get then raise with the roof when the pop top is up so it’s not in the way until you need it).
– Roof bars fitted to pop top work £535.
– Accessibility from both doors, none of the conversion covers either side door.
– No gas or electric fitted; we used solar power/rechargable battery packs and rechargeable lights when wild camping or electric on campsites. We also used a portable gas stove.
– Wooden Cladded sides with insulation behind.
– Laminated wooden effect floor.
– Carpet lined pop top roof.
– Bespoke llama and cacti curtains with popper tie backs on copper pipe rails.
– Pull out bed with bespoke cushions. End of bed flips up for extra leg room (comes with 2 copper pipe legs to help it feel more secure).
– Mattresses are all 2 x 7cm thick giving a total 14cm thickness, waterproof protected.
– Lots of cupboard space .
– Counter top cupboard for easy storage while in bed
– 2 plastic boxes for under bed storage: slide in, slide out.
– Dog bed area under bed for smaller sized dogs (designed for our 2 mini schnauzers). Can also be used as storage instead. Flips up for use to extend bed as well.
– Lots of storage behind seats for anything you need
– 2 Colourful seat covers
– Space for a mini fridge or Cool box (ours is a sentimental mini fridge which I have owned for 15 years so won’t be part of the sale, but similar mini fridges are available on Amazon).
– Flip up counter for standing breakfast bar.
– Table stand which can be fitted to anything. Currently fitted to Scaffold Board which is also used for a seat when pop-top is open, and to hang items from.
– There used to be a ceramic sink in the kitchen area but we removed this as didn’t use it, we still have the the bowl with the hole if you’d like to refit.
– Kitchen counter is MDF board covered with terrazzo effect sticky back for easy cleaning. The corners have also been covered to remove sharp edges.
– Tiles kitchen splash back.
– Mug holder straps on wall.
– Rear of van has copper pipe rails to hang anything you need off, (dog leads, bowls, fire extinguisher, torches etc).
– Copper pipe attached to table-top cupboard for book storage.
– Hooks and magnets attached to other side of table-top cupboard for cutlery etc.
– All cupboard doors are made with OSB and shut onto magnets. Base units have a piece of copper pipe which slides to hold them all shut when full.
– Bed is secured with clip in straps.
– Under bed storage is also secured with a clip in strap.
– Co2 monitor, we don’t cook much in the van but it’s good to have anyway for peace of mind.
– Black out window cover for windscreen and side windows designed for a VW Caddy (great for privacy and hot or frosty days).
– Removable vanity mirror for visors (vans don’t usually come with a vanity mirror).
– Magnetic phone/iPad holder to be able to watch a film in bed.
– Bluetooth aux-in adapter so you can play your phone music through the stereo while still being able to charge your phone.
– Rechargeable magnetic lights from Amazon, two work better than others so we use a variety (best to remove when not using van as the hot weather can loosen the glue).
– Storage net – helps you be able to pack more in the overhead storage without risk of it falling out and you can also store snacks in it. It just need to be unclipped before opening the pop top.
– 2 x Cheese wedges which currently live in the footwell.
– We changed the worktop from scaffold boards this year and took the sink out, we still have the sink with the hole cut out if you think you’d want to put it back in, we just found we didn’t use it for washing up and used a fold away bag instead. There are photos of our old set up on our instagram page: @vwmaxipad
– You may also see on our instagram page that we have 2 folding chairs, a folding table and a rug all in blue to match the van. Let us know if you’re interested in these as we would consider including them.
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.