Ford Transit ELWB H2L4
Must go soon – sensible offers considered!! 🙂
• 2.4 TDCi
• 2006 ‘56’ plate
• Habitation certificate
• Extra long wheel base
• Twin rear axle
• Semi high roof
• 6 gears
• New clutch (2019)
• New injectors (2019)
• New rear brake disc/pads/calipers (2020)
• Recent front brake disc/pads
• New Davanti Terratoura tyres x7 (fitted Oct 2019) All season, all terrain, twin wheel load rated.
* Unladen weight – approx 3,600kg. Weighed after completion but unfortunately, we didn’t kept record of it.
• Max weight 4.1 ton – Driveable on a car licence if passed prior to 1997 (‘grandfather rights’) otherwise
you will need category C1 on your licence
• Hands free – blue tooth
• Reversing camera
• Thatcham alarm
• Electric windows/mirrors
• Sat nav with customisable ‘truck mode’
• Wind deflectors
• Recent service
* MOT’d – January
* Main advisories from last MOT – Minor rust addressed with replacement panels, and treated with new application of stone-chip paint to lower portion of vehicle. Brakes pipes have been purchased to fit when time allows. If this is not possible prior to selling, they will be included with the sale and we’d knock the fitting cost off the price.
Seating area coverts to full king size bed.
Combining a professional-standard conversion, with beautiful hand-crafted features like hardwood counter tops and copper pipework/brass tap….. every aspect of this conversion has been creatively and carefully thought out.
From the bespoke roof rack & winch system for a sailing kayak, to the outside shower (capable of holding up to 50 litres!) this conversion has been thoughtfully engineered and lovingly crafted every step of the way, to utilise the space and practical nature of the vehicle, whilst creating a beautiful, cosy environment to enjoy on our travels.
Designed with the capacity (battery, gas & water storage) to live in off-grid.
On a pre-covid inaugural road-trip adventure through France & Spain with our dog Charlie, Ethel has proven herself with flying colours!
The high quality of insulation kept her toasty warm through the snowy Alps, and nice and cool on the beaches of Southern France.
**Edit – Sailing kayak has now been sold** The sale can include the fabulous Hobie Tandem Island sailing kayak for an additional £4k (or make us an offer!). This will include mirage drives, lumbar supporting seats, sail, custom made trolley etc
This is a very reluctant sale ☹
With a move overseas in the pipeline, we are unable to bring her with us and give Ethel the life and adventures she deserves…..
• U-shaped lounge area converting into full king size bed (very rare in campers!)
• Multiple under bed/seat storage units (including the very important wine rack!)
• Beautiful hand crafted ‘London Plain’ hardwood kitchen worktops
• Unique Mexican tiles through kitchen
• Custom made sofa/bed cushions (medium density foam – very comfy!) covered in professionally fitted upholstery fabric (removable & machine washable)
• Unique table made from recycled floorboards from our old house! (doubles as part of the bed base)
• Folding toilet in discreet under-seat housing
• Stylish vinyl flooring
• Stainless steel sink
• Copper piped brass shut off tap with ‘Whale – Tip Toe’ water pump
• ‘Voyager 4500’ gas cooker – oven/grill/2x hobs
• ‘Dometic RM321’ 3-way fridge with custom-made chimney & 12v fan
• Window boxing (to help increase insulation) contains insulated roller blinds & attractive hand made curtains.
• Attractive 8mm softwood ‘tongue & groove’ cladding throughout
• Fibreglassed ‘wet’ storage in rear for wetsuits, kayak gear etc
• Emergency access hatch/ventilation through from living area
• LED strip light
• Large built-in toolbox
• Hand bilge pump for manual water tank fill
• Anti-drumming pads to metal panels
• Triple aluminium, double bubble insulation to floor
• 50mm Cellotex insulation to walls and doors
• Space blanket insulation and vapour barrier to walls & ceilings
• Foil-taped vapour seals to all insulation joints
Electric & Solar / Power
• 240w solar panels – 3x 80w @ 12v wired in parallel
• 2000w Pure Sine wave inverter with remote screen
• 2x 95AH @ C20 AGM leisure batteries with gas drop out (to future proof)
• 4x double 12v USB charging points
• 4x 12v cigar charging points in cab
• Additional 240v sockets for shore power (x6)
• LED spotlights, 3 x centre spotlights, 2 x cooking and washing spotlights, 2x flexi reading spotlights, remote operated multi-colour uplighting
• 240v consumer unit
• Underslung LPG gas tank (32 litre capacity) – Autogas filling point at rear with full European adaptor kit.
• 3-way gas isolating manifold, for fridge, cooker and heater – sealed cupboard with gas drop out vent
• Propex HS2000 LPG Heating with auto thermostat, vent fan & gas drop out
• Hard wired gas alarm
• CO/smoke alarm (battery operated)
• Underslung insulated fresh water tank (100 litre capacity) with drain off and breather pipe (tested in temp of -10 deg c)
• Underslung insulated grey water tank (35 litre capacity) with drain off and breather pipe (tested in temp of -10 deg c)
• Optional custom made, underslung hosepipe reel with approx. 60 metres of Hoselock piping
Safety has always been a prime concern in this detailed conversion from driver’s bulkhead, secure fixings throughout, venting for heating/gas etc, gas/CO/smoke alarms, fire extinguisher, safety escape hatch through to rear etc
We’d be very happy to discuss any tweaks to Ethel that might make her your prefect acquisition – just ask!
Further details & additional photos also happily provided on request.
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Quirky loves this style means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.