Ford Transit SWB
Reluctantly selling our beloved Van “Diesel”!
Unfortunately with the ULEZ expansion and with one of his owners moving away: it’s sadly just not possible for us to keep him anymore.
We bought him, already converted, just after lockdown in 2021 and he’s provided us with the freedom we were so desperately looking for. The previous owners needed a quick sell and we’ve had a fair amount of work done on him since, including:
– All four tyres were replaced in Oct 2023
– We replaced the clutch a month after we bought him, as he’d hit the 150,000 mileage mark Sept 2021
– Water pump renewed 2023
– Coolant pipes were cleaned out in Oct 2023
– Exhaust rubber mounts have been replaced
– Every year we have him welded to keep on top of the rust that is very common with these older transits
– New chamber for bonnet lock as the old one seized (this is now a separate key than for the ignition/doorlocks)
– MOT until May 2024
– Windscreen wipers replaced in June 2022
– New rear registration plate
– Leisure battery is charged with a split-relay
– Roof rack
– Chinese diesel heater in interior
– Lots of storage
– Two burner camping stove
– Comfy, cosy bed
– Minor cosmetic damage to the paint work with a couple of scratches and a little bit of surface rust
– Cosmetic damage to drivers seat and far left passenger seat(covered by a seat cover)
– Steering lock included
– Could do with a service
– Radio only plays CDs (there is a Phone connection but you need the right app)
– Dashboard electrics have played up in the past but after the last service it’s been fine.
We’ve had so many adventures in Diesel despite only owning him for two years- including last December when I camped in him in the -4 degree cold snap in the Peak District. (It was toasty warm with the Diesel heater which is hooked up to the leisure battery.)
He’s been the most wonderful van and we’re extremely sad to let him go, but are hoping to find new owners who will treasure our “old man” as much as we do.
We’re open to offers so please reach out if you want to view him!
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Quirky loves this style means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.