Citroen Relay L3H2
We are sadly selling our off-grid Relay camper van; we’ve had some amazing trips in it, but our circumstances have stopped us from travelling as much as we wanted to. The van is a dark grey Citroen Relay L3H2, which we bought new in 2021 and had professionally converted by Mr Campervan in Kent. There is a genuine mileage of just 3733 miles. The van is in an immaculate condition and has been very well looked after, with an oil change being made in April 2023. It also has Outsmart the Thief tracker and alarm fitted which is transferable to the new owner. It’s due to be renewed in July 2026, so you have a further 3 years’ peace of mind at no extra cost!
Fixed fully size (4’6″) double bed at rear; seating area converts to third berth
The van has three berths with a fixed 4’6” double bed at the back, with a super-comfy memory foam mattress, and the seat converts into a single bed at the front. We wanted to make it easier to get from the cab into the living area without going outside so we swapped out the double front passenger seat for a single, but this could easily be changed back if you wanted the third seat.
The van is super-stealthy, and fully off-grid, with on-board water storage, gas supply and solar capability as well as electric hook-up for those time when you’re nearer civilisation. There is a 100-litre fresh water grade tank and 70-litre grey waste tank, both underslung, with a lockable filling point on the outside of the van. There is also a fresh water tank level gauge in the kitchen so you can keep an eye on the fluid levels in the tanks.
Hot water and heating are supplied by a Truma Combi 4E water boiler and a Shurflo pressurised water pump. Water can be heated by either gas / 240V electricity supply or a combination of the two. The water and heating system is operated by an LCD control panel in the kitchen, which can be pre-set to turn the boiler on at a set time, allowing you to go out and return to a warm van with hot water. In the garage there is a gas safe that can hold 2 x 4.5kg Calor gas bottles (one 4.5kg gas bottle will be supplied)
The van is essentially a tiny stylish home on wheels. It has a large comfy bed, separate seating area, shower and toilet room (complete with a sliding barn door!), fully-equipped kitchen with a solid oak worktop, under-counter fridge / freezer, Thetford Triplex oven and three burner hob, and an undercounter butler sink with removable chopping board cover, and a smart swan neck tap. We wanted a rustic, Shaker-style look so the finish is a combination of dark oak and off-white (Farrow and Ball “Pointing” is the closest colour match). All the cupboards and drawers have smart leather pulls to complete the look.
There is masses of storage, with overhead lockers above the bed, an overhead locker in the kitchen, one huge and one smaller cupboard in the kitchen, a pan drawer, more storage under the seats and in the bulkhead, as well as a massive garage. It also has a bookshelf made from reclaimed English Oak with bark face above the seating area.
• The van is fully insulated with eco-friendly treated sheep’s wool, which is anti-bacterial, fire proof and moisture resistant, with an R value of R4
• Walls and roof are cladded with tongue and groove with a dark oak lacquered finish on the ceiling and the walls painted off-white
• One window in living area, on passenger’s side
• Floor is ply lined and finished with high quality wood effect vinyl
• Read and side doors trimmed in dark grey 4-way stretch fabric
• Cab is part-separate from the living area, with a curtain pole attached for privacy
• Garage area under bed, finished in hard-wearing metal chequer plate
• MaxxAir Deluxe roof vent with fan at front
• MaXXAir Skymaxx with MaxxShade Blackout Blind in sleeping area
Electrical set up
• 240V hook up with 1 x nickel double socket with USB charging points (electric hookup cable included)
• 200w solar panel installed on roof
• Victron 100/20 MPPT solar charge controller.
• 220A/H Leisure Battery
• 1 x 1000W inverter to step up power from 12v-240v wired to 1 x nickel double socket for use when off grid
• Sterling B2B Charger (Charges leisure battery whilst driving)
• 1 x BUS bar
• 1 x 12V blade fuse box with LED fault light
• 3 x isolators to Isolate – Solar – Fridge – entire 12V system.
• Brake Light Reversing Camera plus 7” Monitor
• Gas locker
• 2 x 4.5kg Calor gas bottles supplied
• Carbon monoxide alarm
• Underslung 100-litre fresh water grade tank
• Underslung 70-litre grey waste tank
• Lockable filling point on the outside of the van
• Fresh water tank level gauge
• Shurflo pressurised water pump
Living / sleeping area
• Fixed double bed across the width of the van, made from 12mm plywood housing a memory foam mattress
• L shaped seating at bulkhead area (converts to third berth) with professionally made grey cushions made from 100mm furniture-grade foam
• Spotlights to front and rear and in the shower/toilet
• Reading lights with USB chargers
Shower / toilet
• Fully waterproof shower / toilet room with vinyl panels and decorative Reco panel on side wall.
• Sliding barn door
• Fully enclosed shower tray, shower rail and curtain
• Triton Caroli mixer shower
• Full size fixed Thetford C200 toilet with pull-out cassette
• Thetford Triplex Cooker 3 Burner Hob, Oven and Grill
• Waeco CRX 50 compressor fridge with freezer compartment
• Ceramic butler sink
• Swan neck mixer tap
• Solid oak worktop, treated with Danish oil
• Reco panel splashback
• Fold up table
Also available separately
• 2 further 4.5kg gas bottles
• Milenco levelling blocks
• Moonshade awning
• Brand new inflatable 2-person kayak (Intex)
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.