Brand new cam belt and water pump November 2022
DPF and sensors professionally checked and cleaned Oct 2022
Fuel Filter and Sensor replaced December 2022
Professionally converted Scandi style camper, capable of fully off grid travel or even full-time vanlife. Produced by the highly talented and reputable SSL Conversions (https://www.quirkycampers.com/uk/quirky-van-conversions/listing/ssl-conversions/). More details of this particular build (the “AQUA XL”) can be found on the following website: (https://sslconversions.co.uk/alfresco-aqua/).
Base vehicle is a well maintained and carefully selected 6-gear 2287CC 2014 Fiat Ducato (diesel). Exterior bodywork is in good condition. Serviced and MOT’d up to December 2023 and with gas and electrics professionally safety checked and signed off recently, in February 2022.
Cab with 3 x belted seats, DAB radio, charging ports, and reversing camera.
Van is also fitted with a Lockdown Outsmart the Thief security system with 24-hour tracker and immobiliser (retails at £749). For many insurers a security system is a requirement for a high-value vehicle, and for others it can make your vehicle insurance cheaper.
1 x fixed bed 180cm x 135cm with resilient foam mattress.
1 x single bunk 180 x 65cm can be easily made up from the dinette (shown in photos)
NB: Vehicle has been weighed since completion (approx 2800kg) but we don’t possess a weighbridge receipt. This can be obtained prior to sale, if desired.
– 2 x rear door windows (ESSENTIAL if you enjoy waking up to a sensational view from bed) , with a set of carpeted and insulated blackout blinds, which simply slot into place when in use
– Open/close skylight above bed, with mosquito net and blackout blind options
– A second skylight above kitchen, with in/out electric fan / extractor fan
– Third skylight in shower/toilet room, again with in/out airflow options
– Fully insulated for sound, with a layer of Rockwall sound insulation
– Scandi style wood panelling in living space
– Fully carpeted garage walls and some interior
– Wood effect vinyl flooring
– Set of mustard yellow curtains for side window and to divide cab, for privacy and blackout at night
– Sliding window (passenger side). NB side and rear windows tinted for privacy
– Dinette to seat two people, with removable/stashable table in sturdy wood effect
– Hidden storage under dinette seat
– 3 x spacious storage cabinets above bed
– Deep additional storage space above cab
– Bar stool cleverly concealed behind drivers seat, which can be used to create a desk space with views directly out the side window
– Hanging bedside storage baskets, for phones/reading glasses/bits and bobs
– Full-length wardrobe with full-length mirror mounted inside door – a really vanlife luxury!
– Exteriorly – Fiamma wind-out L4 awning, for shade in the blissful heat, or shelter from a passing summer shower!
– Long term off-grid solar comprising of 2 x 270W panels (more that you are likely to find on any other van)!, 3 x 110ah AGM batteries, and an MPPT solar controller, 40a sterling charger
– Mains 230v inlet (electric hookup)
– 1500W inverter with 3 x plug sockets (for use when off grid) , and 2 x USB chargers
– Additional 2 x 230v sockets, for use when on hookup
– Blown air heater (diesel heater) with control panel/adjustable heat level
– Split charge relay system (charges leisure battery and engine battery from alternator whilst engine running)
– Trickle charger (charges leisure battery from mains electric while on-grid at campsites etc)
– 6 x LED ceiling lights, with dimmer switch for living quarters
– USB fairy lights
– Control panel with 2 x additional USB chargers at bedside
– Truma 230V/LPG boiler
– 20L refilllable Gasit LPG tank and external BBQ point on exterior of van ; Cadac Safari Chef BBQ (retails at about £150) included – used a few times, but excellent condition.
– Heater inside the fresh water tank to prevent freezing in cold weather
– Smev 9222L combined 2-burner hob & sink, with heat-resistant black glass lids set in a solid beech worktop (sealed to waterproof)
– Skylight with extractor fan
– Sink has mixed tap with hot/cold running water
– Shurflo electric water pump
– Kitchen cupboard and very large kitchen draw
– Waeco dometic CRX 50L fridge freezer
– Extendable beech worktop/can alternatively be used as desk space, overlooking the side window (also sealed/waterproof)
– All cupboards/interior doors with hand-painted ceramic and brass door knobs
– Hidden chopping boards, wall-mounted under extending worktop
– Wooden shelves above sink
– Black metal tea towel hook
– Generous space, which all the men out there are sure to appreciate! 100cm x 70cm – size of the shower room, dinette and garage space can be appreciated in the following video produced by SSL (nb – of a DIFFERENT conversion, but with practically identical dimensions) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGlv-8szrXo
– Used Nature’s Head Compost Toilet…meaning no nasty chemicals, and (for two people) you only need to empty the solids container approx every 4 weeks (with full time use) compared to every 2 days for the standard camper van Porta Potti!
– Skylight with in/out airflow options
– Plenty of shelving/storage for toiletries, shampoos, soap etc, and a wall-mounted toothbrush and razor holder
– Ceiling light with switch
– Porthole window
– Stylish sliding door
– All gas and electrics professionally installed by qualified technicians, using only UK compliant wiring, fuse boxes, gas pipes, regulators, hoses and ventilation drop outs (floor vents)
– Appliances (blown air heater, fridge, boiler, hob) all top of the range branded UK or German products
– Van comes with a habitation certificate and gas/electric sign off, giving you complete peace of mine
– Brand new smoke and CO2 alarms also fitted, and – because you can never be too careful – fire extinguisher also included
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
We like the style means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.