Ford Transit, LWB (L3 H3) Mk8 2017
Recent Engine replacement by dealer, Injectors. Drives and feels like new. Mechanically Perfect
Ford Transit, Mk8 2017 ULEZ COMPLIANT – 2.0L approx 35mpg
*I will upload a video tour by Wednesday 21st June*
*RECENT ENGINE REPLACEMENT* ~ Changed by the dealer for low mileage reconditioned engine. Drives like a dream
Hands down, the healthiest and best driving van I’ve used or converted. (Now on my 6th, and I’ve driven a handful of these Mk8 transits). The engine purrs with plenty of power, sensitivity and responsiveness
It’ll be sold with a fresh MOT (booked in for Friday 23rd, I’ll resolve any advisories if they come up)
– Air Conditioning
– Power Steering
– Parking Sensors (Front and back)
– Reverse Camera & integrated Screen
– Rear Metal bumper. This came with the van but it could be removed on request if the weight saving is wanted.
I bought from a Dealer in September 2022 with 1 Previous owner (AAH Distribution – Pharmaceuticals).
AAH service their vans well and regularly.
The Dealer Replaced the Engine with a low mileage reconditioned engine @ 156k miles, so very recently. It feels like a new vehicle
They also put in new injectors, timing belt.
Other History is unknown and AAH don’t share details (GDPR etc). That said, you’ve only to drive and feel it to sense it’s in fantastic condition, butter smooth gearbox, good resistance on clutch etc
Faultless MOT as of Late September 2022
Work I’ve had done:
Replaced Aux belt due to an oil leak (leak resolved)
Overall very good and clean bodywork
There is a speed limiter (75mph) which has been on the van since AAH days, meaning it hasn’t been stressed at higher speeds. If you wish to take to remove, it could be remapped for an eco mpg boost and torque improvement which can also remove the limiter at the same time.
1 Fixed double bed 130 x 195cm (2 adults or 1 adult and 2 kids etc)
1 Fixed Single bunk, for Kid OR Adult! 90cm x 175cm (can be modified into double bed if buyer wishes)
1 Bed that extends off the Bench using the table and legs. 140cm x 60xm (kids bed) see images.
New Conversion – Luxury Family Off Grid Cabin – Fully Featured – Innovative design
*Reduced by 13% with an Updated Gallery as of June 12th – I’m open to Offers.
*WEIGHT NOW CONFIRMED @ 2840kg, or approx 3000kg with full water and fuel tanks. Providing large available payload of 500kg!
This is my 6th conversion, based off my previous XLWB Relay (link below), a super spacious and functional design
I wanted to bring this fully featured and unique design to a slightly smaller vehicle that could be used casually in more situations, being able to park in smaller spaces and be more nimble without sacrificing features or comfort. The van feels really good to move around in even with up to 5 people.
The key to this layout and functionality is a custom metal fabricated bench seat that is bolted not only to the floor but inner frame of the van. If this is not required by the buyer, I can remove and replace for an equivalent wooden box and reduce the price by £650.
This is a very functional design for a family with 2 Fixed beds & 1 bed extended off the bench. Another bed could be added by the drivers seat if a ‘Cabbunk’ was acquired. I’ve learned over the years that making beds with kids in the mix gets tedious very quickly hence my want for 2 fixed beds. I prioritised an open and easy flowing space so the shower and toilet is hidden inside the belted seat bench. Lots of open space but also lots of storage throughout from a handy shoe / bag cubby, to shelves, overhead cabinets, indented storage spaces throughout and large draws.
– Maxx Air Fan
– Opening Portholes with covers
– Opening windows throughout
– Dimmable touch lighting options throughout
– Hidden Shower
– 5 Belted Seats, with swivels to create dining area
– Bamboo Table that doubles for a backrest for the 5th seat or could be modified to be an extension of the bench to for a bed (on request)
– Storage under seats (Batteries and the victron DC-DC are located under passenger seats)
– Insulated Cab Blinds
– 5th seat has been custom fabricated, bolted to the floor AND a beam positioned between the internal frame of the van side wall.
INSULATION, BUILD, MATERIALS
– Sound Deadened throughout
– Celotex board in ceiling and main floor
– Dodo van liner and recycled plastic insulation in walls.
– Lightweight Poplar wood used (Cabinets, bunk bed divider, shelves)
– Pine Cladding
– Laminated hard flooring, durable and easy to clean.
– Hardwoods used in various places
– Lightweight Bamboo Plywood (Counter, Table Top, Shelves)
– Bamboo Veneers on door panels
– Cotton Corduroy Paisley fabric with black out used throughout for cushions and covers
– Both Mattresses are Ikea Malfors, a great
lightweight semi firm and super comfortable mattress
– Lightweight tiles
– All the wood is treated
WATER, SHOWER & HEATING
– Diesel Air & Water heater. Plumbed into main Diesel tank. This can heat a 12L tank in about 10-15 minutes. This water will stay hot for most of the day.
– 75L fresh Water Underslung tank with level Gage
– 12L circulating hot water tank (fed from fresh water, so 87L in total)
– 50L Grey Tank, underslung
– Elephant Tap
– Reverse Osmosis Cartridge for Pure filtered drinking water! (This makes a big difference on the go saving bottles etc)
– Shurflo Pump & Seaflo pump on the hot system.
– Accumulator for smooth water pressure
– Shower that runs off the main elephant tap with a connector, which then hangs above the shower box. The shower curtain is also large so it expands lightly wider than the box to get the feeling of a room. This drains directly into the grey tank
SOLAR & ELECTRICS
~ Installed by Professional Off grid engineer who can be on call if there was ever a problem.
– Massive 475 Watt Solar panel on the roof
– 2 x 100ah (200ah total) Batteries. Worth £700 each new, these are Nucleur Power plant emergency batteries which are very high quality and get minimal use before being decommissioned and replaced. I have used these in most of my builds and they’ run very well. Super reliable and longevity. So far they have been more than required after extended testing of the system.
– Hook up point
– Victron Multiplus 800 watt (peaks to 1600watts) ~ This is a 240v Inverter, Battery Charger, Hook up modulator)
– Victron 30amp DC – DC Charger
– Victron Battery Protect
– Victron MPPT 100 / 30 Solar Charge Controller
– 240v plugs by seats, in kitchen, in bedroom and in the garage
– Dimmable touch lighting in main space
– Dimmable Led in kitchen (non flickering)
– Dimmable touch light in bedrom
– 2 Soft lights in bedroom
– Soft light in Bunk bed
– Light in garage
– Outside LED light
– LED Light under kitchen kicker
GAS & APPLIANCES (SIGNED OFF ✅)
– 60L Fridge Freezer
– 12L Underslung Gas tank including Level Gage and Additional Solenoid switch (Open / Close control from inside of the van)
– 2 Burner Hob
– Smev Glass 20L Oven
– Isolation Valves accessible under the sink
– Carbon Monoxide Alarm
– Gas Safe Certified
– Mini Fire Extinguisher
I always guarantee the work I’ve done, so if any issue arises relating to the quality of build I will fix FOC. My electrical Engineer can also be available if there was ever problems with the electrical system. Luckily to date I’ve not had issues with previous builds.
If you want anything adding or modifying as part of the sale this can be discussed. (Bike rack, awning , step, double bed, etc)
Thanks for looking, happy to answer any questions.
*WANT ME TO BUILD OR WORK ON YOUR VAN? I’m happy to discuss potentials.
The contact details for this vehicle are no longer available because it has either sold or the listing has expired.
Quirky loves this style means that Quirky Campers would approve it for hiring but you must still check that the gas, electrics and weight were done properly. For some tips on what to look out for read this. If the listing has no Gas Safe certificate, no unladen weight and no electrical sign-off please proceed with caution!
Please note: Quirky Campers do not inspect the listings for accuracy or check campervans in person. We have asked sellers to provide evidence of certificates and paperwork however you MUST check yourself that the information provided is present and correct. You will need to exercise the normal due diligence when buying any vehicle.
Finance options are available through our partner, Pegasus Finance. The UK’s leading specialist broker in the leisure finance industry.